The Student Room Group

How to get an A* in Physics GCSE AQA?

Any help would be really appreciated
Past Papers, Past Papers, Past Papers! I am doing A-level Physics with CCEA although I assume both exams are similar. I personally think the hardest thing about the physics exams are the wording of the questions, so by doing lots of past papers you will become very familiar with the style of wording they use for questions and will then be able to apply an equation to the problem to solve it. Also make sure you know definitions word for word, as giving a vague definition could lose lose you a mark, and ultimately drop you a grade. Your physics teacher(s) may also be able to give you effective methods of revising.

Good luck in the exam, I hope you get your A* :biggrin:
Original post by DylanJ42
Past Papers, Past Papers, Past Papers! I am doing A-level Physics with CCEA although I assume both exams are similar. I personally think the hardest thing about the physics exams are the wording of the questions, so by doing lots of past papers you will become very familiar with the style of wording they use for questions and will then be able to apply an equation to the problem to solve it. Also make sure you know definitions word for word, as giving a vague definition could lose lose you a mark, and ultimately drop you a grade. Your physics teacher(s) may also be able to give you effective methods of revising.

Good luck in the exam, I hope you get your A* :biggrin:

is this applicable to biology and chemistry as well?
ATM Im doing past papers and whatever topic I dont understand I revise that and I keep repeating past papers till there is no fault tbh.
All of my teachers for all my subjects constantly talk about doing past papers, we're even given past papers as compulsory homework. Going by this I think past papers are the best method of revision to get top grades. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest