The Student Room Group

Reddit told me I'm ugly

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by DiddyDec
Not everyone is nice in this world. It is a lesson that should be learnt early on.

It isn't lying, it is my opinion.

your opinion is that I'm attention-seeking

and you're literally wrong
your opinion is wrong

so you're lying about me
when I gave you no good incentive to assume what you assumed
Original post by Viva Emptiness
Yeah, because of people like you. You're not some great teacher.

Exactly and there are plenty more people just like me.
Original post by louieee
when I gave you no good incentive to assume what you assumed

I don't need incentive. You just seem needy, looking to gain self worth from strangers.
Exactly and there are plenty more people just like me.

:yy: Congrats on being a self-confessed prick.
Truth be told: you should had never asked, because that would not change your attractiveness.
Day 1: Restarted computer, can't see pictures

Day 3: Installed new motherboard and harddrive, can't see pictures

Day 10: Internet guy came over, can't see pictures

Day 47: Rerouted generator power to modem, still can't see pictures

Day 83: The outside world has become increasingly dangerous, food supply running short, can't see pictures
Lmao, out of all the internet sites why would you pick reddit? They're brutal..
Reply 27
I don't need incentive. You just seem needy, looking to gain self worth from strangers.

So you assumed something about me for no reason whatsoever? What am I doing that makes me an attention-whore? When was I fishing for compliments?

You told me that people who ask if they are ugly do so because they're fishing for compliments.

I asked people if I was ugly.
I wasn't fishing for compliments.

You said I was an attention whore.

I want to know what exactly made you think that.
Or, y'know, they have crippling self-esteem issues and your throwaway comment fuelled their self-hatred.

But hey, at least you got to stick the boot in at someone you assumed is just being an attention whore.

Don't act innocent I've seen you make harsh comments to the very people you've just described.
There are people dying of starvation and over 200 million child slaves. You are making a thread trying to get sympathy for some random person's opinion on your physical appearance? Get a grip...
Reply 30
[QUOTE=louieee;53997451]...and now I don't know what to do :c

I always thought I was anyway but because I'm quite paranoid and obsessive anyway I felt I needed other people's opinions, and actually I looked at other posts on there first and I find myself generally agreeing with people's opinions of other people's looks on there so I thought it would be quite reliable. Anyway so I posted my pictures and everyone basically agreed with me and now I'm just like :/ I'm not overly really upset about it but I'm disappointed that not one person even found me just okay. So yeah I'm just a bit pissed off really.

Erm, nothing?

Get on with life.
Original post by Twinpeaks
Don't act innocent I've seen you make harsh comments to the very people you've just described.

I don't make those comments to people who post pics on here. I largely ignore those threads.
Original post by louieee
So you assumed something about me for no reason whatsoever? What am I doing that makes me an attention-whore? When was I fishing for compliments?

You told me that people who ask if they are ugly do so because they're fishing for compliments.

I asked people if I was ugly.
I wasn't fishing for compliments.

You said I was an attention whore.

I want to know what exactly made you think that.

I never said attention whore, that was Viva.

I don't need reason to assume, but from past experience of people posting these kinds of threads it is normally to fish for compliments. Also is a completely pointless question because beauty is subjective and everyone has their own standards.
Reply 33
Original post by perspiracious
Truth be told: you should had never asked, because that would not change your attractiveness.

Original post by Plantagenet Crown
Lmao, out of all the internet sites why would you pick reddit? They're brutal..

I wanted the truth, and from my own experience on that particular subreddit the truth is actuallly pretty common. I needed to know so that I could come to terms with it because otherwise I go through phases and I can't actually tell what I am. I just needed to know.

Original post by TheTruthTeller
There are people dying of starvation and over 200 million child slaves. You are making a thread trying to get sympathy for some random person's opinion on your physical appearance? Get a grip...

There are people dying of starvation and over 200 million child slaves, and instead of doing something to help them you're just moaning at some sad little boy on TSR?
Posted from TSR Mobile

What a pointless thread.
Whenever someone asks me if I think they are ugly I say yes.

I do this also.

OP, it's kinda stupid to post a picture of yourself online if you're not mentally prepared for the potentially negative responses people have..
Original post by silentshadows
Day 1: Restarted computer, can't see pictures

Day 3: Installed new motherboard and harddrive, can't see pictures

Day 10: Internet guy came over, can't see pictures

Day 47: Rerouted generator power to modem, still can't see pictures

Day 83: The outside world has become increasingly dangerous, food supply running short, can't see pictures

:rofl2:

OP just get over it, there will always be people who find you unattractive. Likewise, you will find others who do find you appealing.
A group of presumably men told you they don't find you attractive, were they supposed to? If you want a response from people generally attracted to your gender as suggest you ask elsewhere. Preferably from some gay online community as to pry an honest answer from a woman is no small feat.
Yeah, because of people like you. You're not some great teacher.

Can't even remember what I repped you on, PRSOM. Can't stand the whole "I'm a life teacher" mentality, you aren't Batman, you aren't some kind of dark knight.

And OP people only post themselves on Reddit for other people to masturbate over. That is it.

Quick Reply

Latest