The Student Room Group

Reddit told me I'm ugly

...and now I don't know what to do :c

I always thought I was anyway but because I'm quite paranoid and obsessive anyway I felt I needed other people's opinions, and actually I looked at other posts on there first and I find myself generally agreeing with people's opinions of other people's looks on there so I thought it would be quite reliable. Anyway so I posted my pictures and everyone basically agreed with me and now I'm just like :/ I'm not overly really upset about it but I'm disappointed that not one person even found me just okay. So yeah I'm just a bit pissed off really.
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by louieee
...and now I don't know what to do :c

I always thought I was anyway but because I'm quite paranoid and obsessive anyway I felt I needed other people's opinions, and actually I looked at other posts on there first and I find myself generally agreeing with people's opinions of other people's looks on there so I thought it would be quite reliable. Anyway so I posted my pictures and everyone basically agreed with me and now I'm just like :/ I'm not overly really upset about it but I'm disappointed that not one person even found me just okay. So yeah I'm just a bit pissed off really.

It's an internet forum and its generally full of guys. What exactly were you expecting? :s-smilie:
Sorry?
What did you expect them to say?

Whenever someone asks me if I think they are ugly I say yes. Because the sort of people who ask are the sort of person who do it fish for compliments.
Reply 4
Original post by kkboyk
It's an internet forum and its generally full of guys. What exactly were you expecting? :s-smilie:

Original post by DiddyDec

Whenever someone asks me if I think they are ugly I say yes.
Can you not lie to people please.

Because the sort of people who ask are the sort of person who do it fish for compliments.
well I wasn't fishing for compliments at all so obvs your stereotyping isn't accurate

no because there's a subreddit dedicated to it and I spent loads of time on there and literally they are genuinely honest on it because whenever I view someone's photo on there whatever I think about it is usually what everyone else has commented to so I know that people were being honest about me too and that's it
Original post by louieee
no because there's a subreddit dedicated to it and I spent loads of time on there and literally they are genuinely honest on it because whenever I view someone's photo on there whatever I think about it is usually what everyone else has commented to so I know that people were being honest about me too and that's it

You are just attention seeking.
Reply 6
Original post by louieee

People online tell lies and will and will confidently bash you down, since there are anonymous.
Reply 7
lol srry mate
Original post by kkboyk
People online tell lies and will and will confidently bash you down, since there are anonymous.

Reply 9
:rofl: Reddit....that is some crap forum run by middle age men with no lifes. **** em. And go out into the real world.

Whenever someone asks me if I think they are ugly I say yes. Because the sort of people who ask are the sort of person who do it fish for compliments.

Or, y'know, they have crippling self-esteem issues and your throwaway comment fuelled their self-hatred.

But hey, at least you got to stick the boot in at someone you assumed is just being an attention whore.
Original post by Viva Emptiness
Or, y'know, they have crippling self-esteem issues and your throwaway comment fuelled their self-hatred.

But hey, at least you got to stick the boot in at someone you assumed is just being an attention whore.

Don't ask the question if you aren't prepared for the answer.
Original post by kumon
:rofl: Reddit....that is some crap forum run by middle age men with no lifes. **** em. And go out into the real world.

This.

I genuinely must've tried to get on the reddit hype but I couldn't just see what was so interesting about it. The only useful sub is the reaction gifs and the tv show ones.

All the other ones are either full of no-lifers. Seriously some people have way too much time on their hands.

I'm not sure if it's just me but the lay out of reddit gives me major migraine too.
Turn off your computer and just walk away...

No, no, good for you man. Making someone's life a little bit more **** is a great cause.
Reply 15
You are just attention seeking.

can you not lie about me to me please

Original post by kkboyk

Original post by kumon

But I agree with what these people say about everyone else so why would it be any different when they say it about me?
Reply 16
Original post by louieee

But I agree with what these people say about everyone else so why would it be any different when they say it about me?

I thought I was ugly until I found some girls are attracted to me, beauty is perception, have more self confidence, 7 billion people bound to find one girl.
Original post by Viva Emptiness
No, no, good for you man. Making someone's life a little bit more **** is a great cause.

Not everyone is nice in this world. It is a lesson that should be learnt early on.

Original post by louieee

It isn't lying, it is my opinion.
Reply 18
Original post by peanutbutterjam
Turn off your computer and just walk away...

but I needed opinions tho
I'm not hurt by what they said, because I asked a question because I was prepared for the answer

don't remember asking you any questions though? I wanted reddits general consensus (because I usually agree with it) about myself and the opinions I got were what I had mostly predicted anyway. Hence why I stated I wasn't particularly upset, just disappointed that I was right about myself when I hoped I wouldn't be.
Not everyone is nice in this world. It is a lesson that should be learnt early on.

Yeah, because of people like you. You're not some great teacher.

Quick Reply

Latest