The Student Room Group

Nicer Internet: What Do You Pledge?

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

WHAT DO YOU PLEDGE?

Inspired by Dan Howell (aka danisnotonfire), I wanted to ask the TSR community what they pledge to make the Internet a little bit nicer in relation to this study/student life environment.

For example:
I will help others in their studies and engage with others in the forums (kindly, of course) as much as I can to make a positive impact. I have signed the internet pledge and will be nice to people online in order to create a nicer internet.

To learn more about the Nicer Internet campaign created by Dan Howell see the following links:
THE INTERNET TAKEOVER
THE INTERNET IS MEAN

:cool: Be safe and have fun online! :cool:

(p.s. Don't forget to contribute to the conversation with Aled and The Surgery with the BBC that have joined TSR!!)

Scroll to see replies

No.
Original post by DiddyDec
No.

lol
(edited 9 years ago)
Well someone told UPSETTING RELATIONSHIP SCENARIOtoday.

Wait did you say you're from the BBC?

I need relationship counselling, and have found upsetting relationship scenarios on the Internet which helped to ruin my first IRL relationship with the girl I love :frown: now I have issues with women and dating...
(edited 9 years ago)
you will always get the sad beta phaggots that take out their insecurities on online strangers, its a fact of the internet
Original post by silentshadows
you will always get the sad beta phaggots that take out their insecurities on online strangers, its a fact of the internet

calling someone a beta phaggot is an example of preying on insecurities you trowel
(edited 9 years ago)
:cool: Smash Bandicoot (amazing name btw) I am not from the BBC, just wanted to share the idea over into the forums
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Smash Bandicoot

calling someone a beta phaggot is an example of preying on insecurities you trowel

strong irony

i wasn't saying it to anyone in specific, just pointing out that there will inevitably be people like that and pretty much everyone will agree that kind of behaviour is the epitome of betaness

y u mad tho?
Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by thalikat
:cool: Smash Bandicoot (amazing name btw) I am not from the BBC, just wanted to share the idea over into the forums

Thank you :biggrin:

Well all I can say is that my relationship issues may be making TSR a less nice place, but I need some area to vent them please :redface:
Original post by silentshadows
strong irony

i wasn't saying it to anyone in specific, just pointing out that there will inevitably be people like that and pretty much everyone will agree that kind of behaviour is the epitome of betaness

y u mad tho?
Posted from TSR Mobile

why are we perpetuating this silly alpha-beta thing?
Reply 10
I pledge to make a sincere compliment to brighten someone's day. :h:

hi can you please remove my quote as I am worried that the CT will see it :colondollar: thank you
I'm alright thanks. I'll do **** all to help this crap movement.
why are we perpetuating this silly alpha-beta thing?

cos it definitely does exist

don't get me wrong, i don't subscribe to the typical view 6' ripped **** = instant alpha but its something more to do with behaviour and how you think

alpha and beta are just the terms i use to describe that

Posted from TSR Mobile
:lol: 'trowel.'

But they weren't calling anyone a beta phaggot, rather describing people like that in a generic sense.

Which, I believe, makes you the trowel :hat:

WHAT DO YOU PLEDGE?

Inspired by Dan Howell (aka danisnotonfire), I wanted to ask the TSR community what they pledge to make the Internet a little bit nicer in relation to this study/student life environment.

For example:
I will help others in their studies and engage with others in the forums (kindly, of course) as much as I can to make a positive impact. I have signed the internet pledge and will be nice to people online in order to create a nicer internet.

To learn more about the Nicer Internet campaign created by Dan Howell see the following links:
THE INTERNET TAKEOVER
THE INTERNET IS MEAN

(p.s. Don't forget to contribute to the conversation with Aled and The Surgery with the BBC that have joined TSR!!)

If I were to share my thoughts on this public forum I'd be banned several times over. :holmes:
Problem with trying to make this place nicer is that it's essentially like controlling freedom. If you take the ability away from them to be able to be harsh on the internet then you give them no freedom whatsoever since a vast majority are afraid of expressing their skewed opinions elsewhere..
(edited 9 years ago)

WHAT DO YOU PLEDGE?

For example:

THE INTERNET TAKEOVER
THE INTERNET IS MEAN

The internet will always be a horrible place since its open to everyone and, for the most part, you don't have to account for you actions online.

Regardless of this I try to help others wherever and whenever I can.
:lol: I think the comments so far tell you everything you need to know about TSR, let alone the internet. A nice idea nonetheless. We need people who dare to dream, and push us to better ourselves.
Original post by Binary Freak
If I were to share my thoughts on this public forum I'd be banned several times over. :holmes:
Problem with trying to make this place nicer is that it's essentially like controlling freedom. If you take the ability away from them to be able to be harsh on the internet then you give them no freedom whatsoever since a vast majority are afraid of expressing their skewed opinions elsewhere..

Indeed. If you were to share your thoughts on this public forum, the suicide rate of TSR users would triple overnight.
Original post by perspiracious
Indeed. If you were to share your thoughts on this public forum, the suicide rate of TSR users would triple overnight.

It isn't that the users would suffer. They'd be fine provided they still have their cute little facade that shields them from the outside world.. From reality.. Then they're fine.

I'll send you a PM later telling you what I mean.

Quick Reply

Latest