The Student Room Group

Is hypergamy real? Are only weak men afraid of the hypergamous nature of dating

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by Smash Bandicoot
actually most Redpill reships involve abusing a pretty air headed woman with low self-esteem, low intelligence and/or no significant career ambitions

It's like a mutually abusive relationship. He's using her for sex and she's using him for money and an easy life.
It is though the idea being that if my girlfriend decides for whatever reason try and make herself more attractive on a whim, the whole 'I love you for who you are' thing goes out of the window and I need to relentlessly pursue further wealth status and dominance

before i clicked on this thread i was hoping so much it wasnt you
Original post by welcometoib
before i clicked on this thread i was hoping so much it wasnt you

haha why? It's always one of us now

SerenityNow
MarriageSucks
ubi1
Joel21
Tom Ford
BroLyfe

I'm sure there are some others
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 63
This is getting ridiculous Smash. As people have told you several hundred times, yes these things play a part but not nearly to the extent you have somehow convinced yourself they do. Most men manage to get in relationships despite not being rich, ripped male models. Looks and status do play a part, but so does personality. People are not emotionless machines, they don't just trade up like smartphones.
Original post by lucaf
This is getting ridiculous Smash. As people have told you several hundred times, yes these things play a part but not nearly to the extent you have somehow convinced yourself they do. Most men manage to get in relationships despite not being rich, ripped male models. Looks and status do play a part, but so does personality. People are not emotionless machines, they don't just trade up like smartphones.

I'll be really honest, I just started procrastinating on TSR and then made the last thread, of which the random comments I cherry-picked upset me, which led to this thread, etc.

Perhaps I'm not even seeking answers anymore and this is just a form of some OCD-behaviour in the anxiety disorder
Original post by redferry
Are you literally incapable of considering that women are individuals, and just normal people at that?

NO! Women are worse than Hitler! Hitler at least had a penis.
Reply 66
I'll be really honest, I just started procrastinating on TSR and then made the last thread, of which the random comments I cherry-picked upset me, which led to this thread, etc.

Perhaps I'm not even seeking answers anymore and this is just a form of some OCD-behaviour in the anxiety disorder

Well good to know that you don't seem to have progressed at all in the past year :/
…the problem is that only reading women's side of the story typically lends to stories where men are evil oppressors or otherwise in a way of women's fulfilment. When in reality women have just as much capacity to be mean, shallow etc. as men. Feminism in the West at present does its utmost to deny that :s-smilie:

I will consider the autobiography thanks Redferry

No they don't. You clearly have read very few books by normal women about living normal woman lives :/
Original post by The Socktor
NO! Women are worse than Hitler! Hitler at least had a penis.

True, I am a lot worse than Hitler in all fairness.
Original post by lucaf
Well good to know that you don't seem to have progressed at all in the past year :/

I've got somewhere realising my main character flaws (obsession, neediness, jealousy, some victim mentality suggested :/ I would say laziness but when not depressed I have a perfectionist work ethic sooo maybe not that :smile: but currently yes, as a result of the other 4)

It's more important to me to work on these personality traits, rather than 'SMV' which I should give myself a break for I'm 22! I actually despise the shallowness of Redpill but hey-ho

I would say 'I need a job' before I try dating again but perhaps I mean 'I need a career ethic'

that said I do want a sexy lady but who doesn't :colondollar:
One of the side effects of hypergamey is the coming severe shortage of GP's.
Nearly70% of GP's are women and due to the fact that they never marry down , large numbers go part time when they have children. This is leading to a major projected problem in years to come .
If female GP's married male nurses or gardeners, being the main wage earners they would stay full time but as they always marry at the same level or higher they are going part time in large numbers .
I am genuinely quite offended by your views towards women but I'm also worried that you are trying to find a girlfriend when you are obviously in no state of mind to be in a relationship. Any potential relationship you might have at present would be ruined by these sick attitudes you hold and could very well lead you to be abusive or controlling of a partner. So I'd think carefully before "going on the pull", and I'd start putting my own interests above those of a hypothetical partner, get medical help, find a support group, find a part time job, gradually become more independent from your parents, etc. For your own sanity and wellbeing, not because "hypergamy" dictates this or the "redpill" says that. Stop concerning yourself with fictional abstract concepts and finding out the "truth" because there is never going to be one simple answer.

I am a pretty ****ed up individual myself but even I can tell that every thing you post sounds crazier than your last post.

Over and out.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by caravaggio2
One of the side effects of hypergamey is the coming severe shortage of GP's.
Nearly70% of GP's are women and due to the fact that they never marry down , large numbers go part time when they have children. This is leading to a major projected problem in years to come .
If female GP's married male nurses or gardeners, being the main wage earners they would stay full time but as they always marry at the same level or higher they are going part time in large numbers .

Let's be honest, even if women so marry down there is still the pressure on the woman to stay at home and the man to carry on working.

Better paternity leave rights would help, but even then there's still societal issues at play.

Society as a whole needs to work towards facilitating and accepting parental leave for men - better leave, better breast pumps/less emphasis on failure as a parent if you don't breast feed, even split maternity leave like in Scandinavia where both parents have to take some time off or it is lost.
It's definitely a thing - I've always dated guys who are better than me in some ways, but never better in all ways.

There you go, now you only have to be either better looking, richer, smarter or funnier and not all at once.
Original post by Viva Emptiness
It's definitely a thing - I've always dated guys who are better than me in some ways, but never better in all ways.

There you go, now you only have to be either better looking, richer, smarter or funnier and not all at once.

eh I can live with that. Back to recording a cover of Take on Me in the shower then?
Original post by redferry
Let's be honest, even if women so marry down there is still the pressure on the woman to stay at home and the man to carry on working.

Better paternity leave rights would help, but even then there's still societal issues at play.

Society as a whole needs to work towards facilitating and accepting parental leave for men - better leave, better breast pumps/less emphasis on failure as a parent if you don't breast feed, even split maternity leave like in Scandinavia where both parents have to take some time off or it is lost.

can respect that
Original post by sherlockfan
I am genuinely quite offended by your views towards women but I'm also worried that you are trying to find a girlfriend when you are obviously in no state of mind to be in a relationship. Any potential relationship you might have at present would be ruined by these sick attitudes you hold and could very well lead you to be abusive or controlling of a partner. So I'd think carefully before "going on the pull", and I'd start putting my own interests above those of a hypothetical partner, get medical help, find a support group, find a part time job, gradually become more independent from your parents, etc. For your own sanity and wellbeing, not because "hypergamy" dictates this or the "redpill" says that. Stop concerning yourself with fictional abstract concepts and finding out the "truth" because there is never going to be one simple answer.

I am a pretty ****ed up individual myself but even I can tell that every thing you post sounds crazier than your last post. hehehe

Over and out.

fair enough.

You do realise that this is just the same obsession as your Cumberbatch romance, same process more or less
eh I can live with that. Back to recording a cover of Take on Me in the shower then?

That's an absolute tune.
fair enough.

You do realise that this is just the same obsession as your Cumberbatch romance, same process more or less

Erm no its not. Dont project your mental issues on me.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending