The Student Room Group

UCLan Graduate Entry Dentistry Offer Holders 2015

Hi,
I thought I would set up a thread for everyone who has an offer to start UCLan Grad Entry Dentistry this September!
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Hi, also a holder for UCLan graduate dentistry place.
Was wondering what your plan was for accommodation??
Original post by isabug1990
Hi, also a holder for UCLan graduate dentistry place.
Was wondering what your plan was for accommodation??

Hi :smile:

I have applied for university halls, ensuite. What about yourself?
Which DEC have you been allocated?
Are they postgrad halls?
Im not sure yet, was going to live at home, but its just a bit too far to drive twice a day.

I've got Blackpool!
Where is it you live?
I'm not sure how it works, you don't get a choice of where you are just the type of room you want.
You have to select that you are a dental student so there probably is a post-grad halls (Hope so).
Hi I'm glad some started this!
I've applied for ensuite accommodation too, (applied through the graduate halls bit for our course) and my DEC is Carlisle.
So 3 of us so far then?
Original post by Juliebell
Hi I'm glad some started this!
I've applied for ensuite accommodation too, (applied through the graduate halls bit for our course) and my DEC is Carlisle.
So 3 of us so far then?

Hi there, my DEC is Carlisle also :smile:

Where can I find the graduate halls bit?? I just followed the instructions on an email regarding accommodation. I would much prefer graduate halls!
I went through "how to apply" then the "return to study" for postgrads and mature students bit and had to select our course. If you've already applied a different way I'm sure if you emailed them they could change the details for you.
From the accommodation section on the website.
Original post by Juliebell
From the accommodation section on the website.

I selected BDS student when I applied so hopefully that's it :smile:
Original post by BiomedDentist
Where is it you live?
I'm not sure how it works, you don't get a choice of where you are just the type of room you want.
You have to select that you are a dental student so there probably is a post-grad halls (Hope so).

I'm from the wirral, so it's like 1.5 - 2 hours depending on traffic. Not ideal really.
Will have a look at these halls, but couldn't go into undergrad halls again!
I'm from the wirral, so it's like 1.5 - 2 hours depending on traffic. Not ideal really.
Will have a look at these halls, but couldn't go into undergrad halls again!

It says on their website that you don't get to choose which halls you are in, but you have to select you're a dental student so I think they do have a post-grad halls. It's worth applying and then if you change your mind you can always turn them down :smile:
True, thanks!
Oh no! Just found out I can't go to my graduation as it is on the Monday the 21st of September. I think that is either our first day or our second week. Does anyone know the actual start date?
I think it's the 14th september. They might give you the day off if you explain the situation.
I think it's the 14th september. They might give you the day off if you explain the situation.

It's a shame but I may have to just skip it, I don't want to be behind from the start, especially when we are first getting to grasp with the equipment in the phantom head room, plus it's all the way down in Plymouth.
From the presentation they gave us at the interview, I think they are pretty strict about not having any days off
Original post by BiomedDentist
It's a shame but I may have to just skip it, I don't want to be behind from the start, especially when we are first getting to grasp with the equipment in the phantom head room, plus it's all the way down in Plymouth.
From the presentation they gave us at the interview, I think they are pretty strict about not having any days off

Maybe, especially if it's so far away. But there is no harm in asking, and I think they were more meaning holidays, not graduation ceremony's. However, you can always go to the next one!!
I was just wondering, has anyone received any other letters or info from the university? They said they would follow shortly with more information about travelling up in June :smile:
Just heard back from my accommodation application. I got Bowrans house, did anyone else hear anything?
Reply 19
Hello everyone!

I have accepted my offer from UCLan for the graduate dentistry course but I don't start until next september 2016. When you accepted your offer on UCAS, did you receive a letter from them straight away? I don't know whether I will find out about my DEC allocation this year or next year and I'd love to know obviously!
Also I rang the UCLan accommodation service and they do try to put all graduate dentists together in either Bowrans house or Boatmans court which are right next to each other. It's also where they tend to allocate postgrad and mature students. So not a lot of undergrads! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest