The Student Room Group

Can you get 4 A's in 2 months?? (AS LEVELS)

Like is it possible?? I am currently on BCDA in my subjects and I NEED 4 A's to get into medicine and I plan to work REALLY hard from now on because I have been slacking a lot. I was just wondering if its possible? Has anyone else done this and aced it? Did you cram and how many hours did you do a day? Hopefully someone replies to this :L

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I'm in the same position. I honestly don't know!
Possible.
Reply 3
Original post by ilovereading
Like is it possible?? I am currently on BCDA in my subjects and I NEED 4 A's to get into medicine and I plan to work REALLY hard from now on because I have been slacking a lot. I was just wondering if its possible? Has anyone else done this and aced it? Did you cram and how many hours did you do a day? Hopefully someone replies to this :L

Which AS levels are you taking?
It isn't impossible, but you will have to commit to working. I would say your best bet would be to start doing timed past papers from today. If you run out, do them again. The whole point is that if you can do every question ever set, you should ace your exams :h:

Just be prepared to lose any human contact until May
Original post by Raimonds
Which AS levels are you taking?
It isn't impossible, but you will have to commit to working. I would say your best bet would be to start doing timed past papers from today. If you run out, do them again. The whole point is that if you can do every question ever set, you should ace your exams :h:

Just be prepared to lose any human contact until May

I'm taking Biology, Maths, Chemistry and Psychology (thank god its not physics). Yep I have just completed a Maths paper and I am on to a Chemistry one now! Every question ever set... NOTED!!

Yes human contact... not needed at the moment. Tips on staying focussed?

Also did you manage it or know people who did?
Reply 5
I'm taking Biology, Maths, Chemistry and Psychology (thank god its not physics). Yep I have just completed a Maths paper and I am on to a Chemistry one now! Every question ever set... NOTED!!

Yes human contact... not needed at the moment. Tips on staying focussed?

Also did you manage it or know people who did?

Yeah I got 4 A's for Maths, Further Maths, Physics and Geography.

Tips for staying focused:
Go to the library and make sure you don't have an internet connection to distract you. Print out some papers without mark schemes to take with you. Mark later so you don't cheat :P
Don't fuel yourself on sugar. Sugar rush + Revision = nope
I done it with Maths but I don't know about the other subjects
Instead of worrying about whether it's possible, why don't you just work as hard as possible from now on and hope for the best?
nah not gonna happen.
Reply 9
I believe you can accomplish anything if you put your mind to it! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah I got 4 A's for Maths, Further Maths, Physics and Geography.

Tips for staying focused:
Go to the library and make sure you don't have an internet connection to distract you. Print out some papers without mark schemes to take with you. Mark later so you don't cheat :P
Don't fuel yourself on sugar. Sugar rush + Revision = nope

Thank you for giving me hope!!!!

Going to the library doesn't seem to be much of a help in my opinion, I mean I can put my laptop and phone away, would that be the same??
Also do I TAKE my notes with me WHILST I'm doing the past papers?? Or just skip the questions I don't know at all and then whilst marking go over the weaker areas via notes??
Yeah I had a sugar rush yesterday and it was NOT good, I'll put some apples on my desk and some water ?:smile:
How did you balance each subject and how many past papers would you do in say a week?
Thank you for giving me hope!!!!

Going to the library doesn't seem to be much of a help in my opinion, I mean I can put my laptop and phone away, would that be the same??
Also do I TAKE my notes with me WHILST I'm doing the past papers?? Or just skip the questions I don't know at all and then whilst marking go over the weaker areas via notes??
Yeah I had a sugar rush yesterday and it was NOT good, I'll put some apples on my desk and some water ?:smile:
How did you balance each subject and how many past papers would you do in say a week?

Yeah that would work too. Just anything to prevent you from getting distracted or procrastinating. Personally, I listen to music as it somehow gets me more focused...

The best way would be to attempt every question, even if you're not sure about the answer. In the real exam, it would be better to have a go at a question and gain one or two marks, rather than skip it and gain none at all! Do every question, and then go over the paper with a mark scheme and add corrections in green (or any other colour) pen. If you find that there is a thing you constantly get wrong, you know what to spend time going over :wink:

I personally do a past paper for every unit every week, and about 3 or 4 per day during Easter holidays. And in the follow up to the exam, I try to do as many as possible in timed conditions. But also have some time to rest and relax, for example on a Friday evening. Then before the exam, on the way to college, I just skim over the text book. Before you go into the exam hall, there shouldn't be anything there you are unsure about. Go in with confidence :cool:
If I could get 1 UMS mark for how many times I've seen threads like this on TSR, I would never even have to revise! :wink:
Yeah that would work too. Just anything to prevent you from getting distracted or procrastinating. Personally, I listen to music as it somehow gets me more focused...

The best way would be to attempt every question, even if you're not sure about the answer. In the real exam, it would be better to have a go at a question and gain one or two marks, rather than skip it and gain none at all! Do every question, and then go over the paper with a mark scheme and add corrections in green (or any other colour) pen. If you find that there is a thing you constantly get wrong, you know what to spend time going over :wink:

I personally do a past paper for every unit every week, and about 3 or 4 per day during Easter holidays. And in the follow up to the exam, I try to do as many as possible in timed conditions. But also have some time to rest and relax, for example on a Friday evening. Then before the exam, on the way to college, I just skim over the text book. Before you go into the exam hall, there shouldn't be anything there you are unsure about. Go in with confidence :cool:

Music gets me SO distracted, even if its one of those classical music songs I will end up getting up and pretending to play the violin or piano or something. I will have to hide my phone and laptop in another room to refrain from getting it then I will lock myself in my room and hide the key. #Effort

So that's about 8 past papers per week then? Will doing a past paper every day on weekdays and 3 past papers on weekends be equivalent/enough? Or do you recommend I do more? I am going to have to print out A LOT of past papers:L Good thing the school printer is there :biggrin:

Also should I be worried if I have not completed Unit 2 for 2 of my subjects (teachers/schools fault) because it means I will have less time to do Unit 2 papers?? Or should I just do them anyway and skip the questions I have not learnt?:L

Thanks for your tips, they are are actually very useful :smile:

I am going to start all these fazzazles tomro and today I am going to do my revision/timeslots planning and complete ALL my homework that is due next week. Since I don't have many printed things out with me:L I just needed to say the above so I will actually do it:P
Original post by thatitootoo
If I could get 1 UMS mark for how many times I've seen threads like this on TSR, I would never even have to revise! :wink:

Where? Send me thread links though xP
Reply 15
This actually really panics me, on my mocks I got D,E,E,C and need 4 A's (I put no effort in mocks tho). So I really need to knuckle down
Yea, should be possible.

I got from ACDE in December mocks, to ABBB now in less than 2 months so it's possible to improve a lot.
Music gets me SO distracted, even if its one of those classical music songs I will end up getting up and pretending to play the violin or piano or something. I will have to hide my phone and laptop in another room to refrain from getting it then I will lock myself in my room and hide the key. #Effort

So that's about 8 past papers per week then? Will doing a past paper every day on weekdays and 3 past papers on weekends be equivalent/enough? Or do you recommend I do more? I am going to have to print out A LOT of past papers:L Good thing the school printer is there :biggrin:

Also should I be worried if I have not completed Unit 2 for 2 of my subjects (teachers/schools fault) because it means I will have less time to do Unit 2 papers?? Or should I just do them anyway and skip the questions I have not learnt?:L

Thanks for your tips, they are are actually very useful :smile:

I am going to start all these fazzazles tomro and today I am going to do my revision/timeslots planning and complete ALL my homework that is due next week. Since I don't have many printed things out with me:L I just needed to say the above so I will actually do it:P

I would say do less on the weekdays and more on the weekend, as it's just hard to do work after a long day at college.
And for unit 2, just go over book questions until you finish the unit, at which point you can start doing exam papers.
Reply 18
Original post by Peppercrunch
Yea, should be possible.

I got from ACDE in December mocks, to ABBB now in less than 2 months so it's possible to improve a lot.

What subjects did you do and had you been revising before hand?
I would say do less on the weekdays and more on the weekend, as it's just hard to do work after a long day at college.
And for unit 2, just go over book questions until you finish the unit, at which point you can start doing exam papers.

I believe I have the time and energy to do one past paper per day for weekdays, I mean I am really behind and I am REALLY determined to get that A so no slacking AT ALL! Maybe if it has been "a long day" then I will do some book questions as you said on unit 2 things cause that's a pretty swell idea!

How did you balance which subject papers you were going to do etc etc?? Did you make a revision timetable and roughly how did you it go if you did? Or did you just do paper after paper without really structuring??

Quick Reply

Latest