The Student Room Group

Worst First Dates?

I asked for the best, now let's have a look at the opposite.
Asking for the absolute worst first dates you've ever had, whether they're comedies or horror stories.
Let the tales begin!

Scroll to see replies

Back when I was, idk 7 or 8 yo maybe? I was trying to impress her (because that's what you do) I tried to skim the pebbles (I think that's what it's called when they bounce on the water) and I was there for a Loooooong time trying to do it, I think I actually forgot that she was even there at one point haha, but I did get a second date so I guess it wasn't that bad, I was young and dumb at the time (and still am)

Posted from TSR Mobile
last year I went on a date with a guy who was just really awkward the whole time, and then tried to talk to me about Pastafarianism :/

what made it really bad was that the weekend after, I was in bed when I got woken up at 3am by my phone going off. this guy who Id told I didn't want to see him again was outside my flat demanding I let him in! :eek: I was too scared to open the door so I just kept telling him no till he eventually went away :hide:

Posted from TSR k
lpMobile
o
Original post by Yeah dude
Back when I was, idk 7 or 8 yo maybe? I was trying to impress her (because that's what you do) I tried to skim the pebbles (I think that's what it's called when they bounce on the water) and I was there for a Loooooong time trying to do it, I think I actually forgot that she was even there at one point haha, but I did get a second date so I guess it wasn't that bad, I was young and dumb at the time (and still am)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha oh youth :tongue: I still can't skim pebbles...
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Odd socks
last year I went on a date with a guy who was just really awkward the whole time, and then tried to talk to me about Pastafarianism :/

what made it really bad was that the weekend after, I was in bed when I got woken up at 3am by my phone going off. this guy who Id told I didn't want to see him again was outside my flat demanding I let him in! :eek: I was too scared to open the door so I just kept telling him no till he eventually went away :hide:

:eek: seriously?! Scary stuff. Had you talked at all since the date, or did he just wait a week and then suddenly show up?
Original post by Banana Bread
:eek: seriously?! Scary stuff. Had you talked at all since the date, or did he just wait a week and then suddenly show up?

Id met him once briefly after the first date, and that was when I told him I didn't think it would work out, and I thought that would be the end of it.

I think he was very drunk when he turned up at my flat, im just glad the door was locked since it was halls and people sometimes left it open
Haha oh youth :tongue: I still can't skim pebbles...

But the thing is, I can now, once i started dating my current girlfriend :tongue:
But the thing is, I can now, once i started dating my current girlfriend :tongue:

Clearly she's a keeper :biggrin:
Id met him once briefly after the first date, and that was when I told him I didn't think it would work out, and I thought that would be the end of it.

I think he was very drunk when he turned up at my flat, im just glad the door was locked since it was halls and people sometimes left it open

Oh god, imagine if you'd woken up to him in your flat :afraid:
Clearly she's a keeper :biggrin:

I've know her forever (childhood) so I sure hope so lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

aww that's really sweet

Posted from TSR k
lpMobile
o

aww that's really sweet

Seconded.
Seconded.

:biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
She bought the dates with her at the club ; yeh the real dates and said ": I got soo many dates today " OMG :""" terrific 3

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by hassyrocks
She bought the dates with her at the club ; yeh the real dates and said ": I got soo many dates today " OMG :""" terrific 3

Awkward :s-smilie:

And can I just take the opportunity to compliment you on your choice of profile picture, Odd Socks :smile:
Reply 15
The worst first dates have been 'blind' ones where it clear the person is totally uncomfortable with the whole concept or almost immediately not in to me. Avoid. Reciprocated flirting is a prerequisite for a good first date in my view..
Never had a date.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Story of my dates... I'll let out a few.. first date guy was a lot older i was 16 he was 22 and it was just the mental age difference that kept us a bit apart and in a weird atmosphere i felt. He was smart and nice- but I was such a party girl at that age now19) and there were silences for 3 minutes.And he told me i was easy because i was nice and i knew he wanted to lose his virginity because a 16 then is naieve and dopey.
19 and asked on a few dates buut wasn't bothered, I have a lot of sex anyway. But.. i've never had an actual boyfirend and I feel no one will ask me ot.. i don't want to be single forever :frown: :frown:
Original post by shatmypants
Never had a date.

Posted from TSR Mobile

With that username I can't say I'm surprised....

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply