The Student Room Group

Work experience in a hospital pharmacy???

I'm currently trying to apply for work experience and was wondering if anyone has previously done any hospital pharmacy work experience. Is it boring? Or can you gain a lot from it.

I'm also struggling on where else to apply for my work experience, I've tried dentists but I've also heard that's a bit boring. I really want to do my work experience in a hospital but I'm not sure which ward/service to choose as you have to specify. Any ideas and help?

Also, where did you do your work experience and how was it?

Thanks
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you’ve posted in the right place? Posting in the specific Study Help forum should help get responses. :redface:

I'm going to quote in Puddles the Monkey now so she can move your thread to the right place if it's needed. :h: :yy:

Spoiler

Original post by yasx_
I'm currently trying to apply for work experience and was wondering if anyone has previously done any hospital pharmacy work experience. Is it boring? Or can you gain a lot from it.

I'm also struggling on where else to apply for my work experience, I've tried dentists but I've also heard that's a bit boring. I really want to do my work experience in a hospital but I'm not sure which ward/service to choose as you have to specify. Any ideas and help?

Also, where did you do your work experience and how was it?

Thanks

With regards to pharmacy: if you're based in the dispensary, you may find it a bit boring - pretty much just clinically screening and dispensing prescriptions all day. If you're based on the wards or other departments like aseptic manufacture or clinical trials, you'll most certainly find it a lot more interesting as it's kind of out of the norm in comparison to community pharmacy.

I did my work experience (Year 11) in the Anaesthetics / Surgery departments at a tertiary hospital in London.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending