The Student Room Group

Did not have train ticket, took my details now what??

Hi there was travelling on a train yesterday from Finsbury Park to Peterborough at approximately 20:40. This was my first time catching a train from Finsbury Park to Peterborough. At the Huntingdon stop I was asked if I had a train ticket, which I did not have due to being in a rush to catch my train. I was under the impression you could purchase a ticket on the train. So I was told you cannot purchase a ticket on board and I had to pay a £20 Penalty Fine, I did not have the £20 but i had £17. And i was told i have to make a full payment, so I did not have the full amount and the revenue people took my details and my address and my mother's name as I am a minor.

anyone know what the next steps are and what happens next???
They can't take it further if they haven't got a pulse...
Reply 2
Original post by SirCouchus
They can't take it further if they haven't got a pulse...

What do you mean? and just to clarify I did not pay the Penalty Fare and was told by one of the people I would be expecting a letter from the rail network. Any ideas on what that will be?
Reply 3
Original post by Ikky786
What do you mean? and just to clarify I did not pay the Penalty Fare and was told by one of the people I would be expecting a letter from the rail network. Any ideas on what that will be?

If you were actually unable to buy the ticket before getting on the train, tell them where to go...
They keep on trying to do this to me as well:sigh:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by elhm1800
If you were actually unable to buy the ticket before getting on the train, tell them where to go...
They keep on trying to do this to me as well:sigh:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Exactly it was my first time, so like i said above they took my details and send the network will be sending out a letter to my address. And ive been looking online and apparently you can go to court for this? Rail prices are so ridiculous. Just don't want to pay a heavy fine or go to court.
Original post by Ikky786

He means you should feed them to the fishes.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
So how is that meant to help when I receive a letter through the post which I presume will have a huge fine on it??
Reply 7
Police will come chapping in a couple of days with your court summons. It will most likely be the death penalty. Possibly just life imprisonment since you where a minor.
On Great Northern you definitely can't buy a ticket on the train unless the machines are out of action/ticket office closed at the station you're at. This will almost certainly not have been the case at Finsbury Park. Peterborough station has gates as well, so you might have found yourself in a sticky situation on arrival...

Everyone's in a rush to catch their train, learn from it and if you get caught jibbing then suck it up.

Quick Reply

Latest