The Student Room Group

Got my heart broken again :(

It's a very long story that is a heck of a rollercoaster but I've been destroyed and I need to vent.

I was in a relationship with a man who I was very serious about, and as usual things were brilliant in the beginning. But after a couple of months he began to mess me about so much that I had to end it. This is because I didn't want it to go so far that I'd be sucked in and then wouldn't be able to leave the relationship. In short, he was very manipulative, sleazy, quite a bad friend and boyfriend. He hardly supported me or comforted me when he clearly knew I was going through a rough time (and still am). Anyway, we decided to still be friends and he promised me he'd change and sort himself out for the better. Things were great in this time of being friends, I believed him that he had changed. However out of the blue he snapped and now we're not talking. I thought we were not talking to calm things down, but I saw a few of his statuses on facebook and he's gone back to how he was. He's been posting very hurtful things, things that he promised he wouldn't do again.*I feel destroyed once again. I somehow managed to regain my trust in him only to have it broken again :frown:

I feel so worthless, so used and just a complete waste. This was the man I loved, the man I told my family about, the man I lost my virginity to. I believed he was the one. It just hurts because I tried being friends, so that way I still have him in my life. But it's evident that he doesn't love me. I just don't know what to do :frown:

Sorry if this post doesn't make complete sense, I'm just an emotional wreck right now.*
Take some time to yourself. I sense that you probably need time to yourself to basically clear your head. Thinking about this, especially in the state you say you are, is likely going to throw you into a spirally pit of confusion. From what i`ve read it sounds like he isnt making much of an effort to keep the relationship strong but, like i said, the only way for you too clearly see the answer is to get a clear head.

Go have some ice-cream, works for me =D
Reply 2
This is the reason why my friend tells me he stays away from women who are virgins they are far to clingy and emotional, sort of still believe in fairy tales. You can not change this guy, this was one thing you done wrong. If you like a person be it a man or woman like them for who they are. Do not think you can change them because you are just lying to yourself. The only reason this person is even important to you is because they were your first. Move on and enjoy life, someone better will come along.
You repaired your heart once, so you can def repair it again.... :biggrin:
Only advice is that you should cut contact and get over him.

Original post by Mancini
This is the reason why my friend tells me he stays away from women who are virgins they are far to clingy and emotional, sort of still believe in fairy tales. You can not change this guy, this was one thing you done wrong. If you like a person be it a man or woman like them for who they are. Do not think you can change them because you are just lying to yourself. The only reason this person is even important to you is because they were your first. Move on and enjoy life, someone better will come along.

That's not true, I was changed. Albeit she probably didn't try to.
Cliché? Probably. I'm sure you've heard it all before, but as hard as it might seem, moving on is better, particularly in this case.
Few ways to take your mind off this.

- Exercise: huge help to me, you feel pretty good when you hit a target and you have a distraction
- Try to go out and do everything, staying in feeling sorry is the worst
- Take your time when looking for someone new, try to make sure they're right for you

I went through a pretty rough break up over 6 months ago and I'm getting better with this sort of stuff. Hopefully you get there quicker :smile:

All the best
Reply 6
Original post by Protégé
Only advice is that you should cut contact and get over him.

That's not true, I was changed. Albeit she probably didn't try to.

It is true for the majority of cases, there is a reason the phrase 'a tiger doesn't change it's stripes' exists. Perhaps at heart you were already changed.
Original post by Mancini
It is true for the majority of cases, there is a reason the phrase 'a tiger doesn't change it's stripes' exists. Perhaps at heart you were already changed.

I've seen that a lot of people make an effort to change for someone they care about. I didn't change drastically but she tapped into something I never knew I had.
Reply 8
No worries, it has happens with every 3rd person these day but surprisingly they remain alive with broken heart :smile:
Reply 9
It seems like he was tired of being your doormat. You didn't know who you were messing with, you probably thought you could do whatever you want with no consequences. But every lapdog has its breaking point, every doormat eventually reaches a stage where it refuses to have dirty shoes wiped upon it. Maybe you should have been nice to him instead of being obnoxious and nasty :smile: cheers

Posted from TSR Mobile
A heartbreaker is also a teacher! I know you are still fresh from the pain but the ones who hurt us the most are the ones that teach us the most. So it's not a complete waste.

It does sound like he sucked you in with all the good stuff initially and showed his true colours when you had fallen for his spell. But it sounds like a lucky escape from the is guy! Heartbreak can show you what you don't want in life and do you really want a guy like this? I don't think so! Guard your heart because it's precious. I don't mean in a way to become cold you can still be very warm hearted but also wise to the ways of others. Really get to know someone mentally, emotionally and even spiritually before you begin physical relationship (people may not like me saying this but it saves so much heartbreak!) even think about a relationship and always and take it slow at your own pace. But before all that look after yourself well following this break up.

Wish you luck and healing :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest