The Student Room Group

GCSE students, How is your revision going?

Hi guys only 8 weeks left till May! Have you started revising yet?

Scroll to see replies

I can't sit down and cram 6 hours worth of revision, so I've been doing about 1 unit of a subject each week/2 weeks since December. So good so far I think but I've been slacking so much recently >:frown: Trying to stay as calm as possible and waiting for the A level stress to hit me next year...
I'll.... I'll... start soon....

I just need to get all these controlled assessments out of the way :eek:
Reply 3
Original post by ImagineCats
I can't sit down and cram 6 hours worth of revision, so I've been doing about 1 unit of a subject each week/2 weeks since December. So good so far I think but I've been slacking so much recently >:frown: Trying to stay as calm as possible and waiting for the A level stress to hit me next year...

Ahh i don't even want to think about Alevels next year! I'm lacking motivation at the moment and I need to make a revision timetable (even though i never stick to them) how many subjects do you need to revise for?
i plan to revise for add maths/ further maths, triple science and french and cram for the rest
Reply 5
Original post by littlehighers
I'll.... I'll... start soon....

I just need to get all these controlled assessments out of the way :eek:

I seriously HATE coursework I've finished most of them but i have geography left but i just cba to do it!
Reply 6
Original post by Naveen1412
i plan to revise for add maths/ further maths, triple science and french and cram for the rest

For triple science how are you going to revise (and what exam board are you doing)
Original post by Hiba.A
For triple science how are you going to revise (and what exam board are you doing)

-edexcel igcse
-cgp + past papers
Reply 8
-edexcel igcse
-cgp + past papers

CGP reading or making notes?
Original post by Hiba.A
Hi guys only 8 weeks left till May! Have you started revising yet?

Basically started yesterday. My motivation is fear :biggrin:
Original post by Hiba.A
Ahh i don't even want to think about Alevels next year! I'm lacking motivation at the moment and I need to make a revision timetable (even though i never stick to them) how many subjects do you need to revise for?

9. French and German don't really count tbh, so 7. Idk how to revise for English lang so 6? I'll go with 7 :biggrin: My weakest is chem and maths so I need to cram those, but maths is after the May half term so I'll just binge it all then. You?
Original post by Hiba.A
CGP reading or making notes?

im making notes since they can still be condensed further

How are you revising for French?
Reply 13
Original post by Strom
Basically started yesterday. My motivation is fear :biggrin:

I should use that kind of motivation then haha. How are you revising?
Reply 14
9. French and German don't really count tbh, so 7. Idk how to revise for English lang so 6? I'll go with 7 :biggrin: My weakest is chem and maths so I need to cram those, but maths is after the May half term so I'll just binge it all then. You?

12 subjects but then for me french doesn't count so 11? and for english language and english literature i don't know if im going to revise them just because i don't know how to revise for english (i might watch those Mr bruff english videos 2 days or a day before...) my main priorities are all 3 sciences, maths, history and geography ....and maybe RE as well
Reply 15
im making notes since they can still be condensed further

Ahh okay
I did a bit of Geography (edexcel b) over February half term, and I'm going to start to tackle my weakest subjects this week. I made a timetable and will hopefully have the willpower to stick to it.

I really REALLY recommend downloading and printing exam specifications, they're like a checklist of everything you need to know in the exam. This saves you from writing useless stuff in your notes from textbooks that you don't need to know, and you can really make sure you know everything you need to for the exam.
Original post by Hiba.A
12 subjects but then for me french doesn't count so 11? and for english language and english literature i don't know if im going to revise them just because i don't know how to revise for english (i might watch those Mr bruff english videos 2 days or a day before...) my main priorities are all 3 sciences, maths, history and geography ....and maybe RE as well

Argh there's so many case studies to learn for geography it's so frustrating. Whats the Mr Bruff videos?
How are you revising for French?

i stuck loads of pages of random french vocab on my wall. since then i have learnt around 5 words:

sometimes-parfois
au secours!-help
un trou-hole
la lune-moon
des arbres-trees

if i learnt just 1 word a day thatll total about 80 new words before my exam!
i stuck loads of pages of random french vocab on my wall. since then i have learnt around 5 words:

sometimes-parfois
au secours!-help
un trou-hole
la lune-moon
des arbres-trees

if i learnt just 1 word a day thatll total about 80 new words before my exam!

Ahh nice one! Do you use vocab express? It's an online vocab learning website which some schools have. Pretty helpful

Quick Reply

Latest