Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 21
Lewisy-boy
the buses to rag raids???

the charities pay for those actually
well that's even bloody worse... still taking the same quantum of money from the charities at the end of the day.
Reply 23
Lewisy-boy
well that's even bloody worse... still taking the same quantum of money from the charities at the end of the day.

The charities wouldn't fund rag raids if they didn't think they were worth it - think of the thousands they must rake in. You could make the same argument about publicity, or stickers, or indeed paying staff. At the end of the day, charities cost money to run, and as such not all of the money donated can go to the cause.
People volunteer at Oxfam :wink:. But yeah you are right, and hey... they let Private Schools be registered charities so I'm guessing paying wages etc is normal.
Reply 25
Lewisy-boy
People volunteer at Oxfam :wink:.

Not the ones at head office though, I can guarantee they get paid.
With regards to drinks prices at Snowflake- last year the company did agree to reduce prices but the committee didn't get it put in the contract. This year, we've managed to get our three reduced drinks written into the contract and will be briefing the bar staff beforehand- we've got a spirit and mixer, wine and beer reduced to vaguely reasonable prices (compared to the usual ones there!).

Also, more money is going to charity this year than last year :smile:
"vaguely reasonable (compared to last year)" lol, that's ambiguous enough to mean "don't be pissed off when you turn up and it's still expensive..."

glad to hear more money is going to charity this year.
Lol, it's still not down to student prices is what I mean... but we got it down as much as we could.
Reply 29
well what did everyone think of the ball? was it worth it?
we love you rutland~we love you rutland!!
Reply 31
Did Rutland win? xx
Sure as hell hope not!
Reply 33
they did
Yeah I looked on the karni website, how the hell did they raise 125k... I smell more of their cheating.
Lewisy-boy
Yeah I looked on the karni website, how the hell did they raise 125k... I smell more of their cheating.

Ich don't think so.
Reply 36
its all for charity tho, so what the problem is?
I had an amazing night... Rutland winning was so the icing on the cake. Don't know what was in the 'cocktail' they made in the trophy but it tasted like victory :smile:
RachelBabyfrog
I had an amazing night... Rutland winning was so the icing on the cake. Don't know what was in the 'cocktail' they made in the trophy but it tasted like victory :smile:

:king1:
Lol, their cheating involved writing bouncing cheques a few years ago to win - so that money didn't actually go to charity as it was added onto their total, then bounced after they had been given the trophy :wink:.

Latest

Trending

Trending