The Student Room Group

Girls and Gays, do you wish this was your university lecturer ?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by perspiracious
You do know the unspoken, unofficial law of TSR followed by those, who get anything other than an A*, don't you?!

Yeah I do :sad:

B is equivalent of a a 2:2.. Thankfully it is my first and final 2:2
Im not a women but seriously why is this thread even a thing.
He has the qualifications to become a uni lecturer at UCL in maths which isnt an easy thing to do. A very difficult thing to do actually.

Hes not gonna be half naked in a lecture so if you get distracted by him thats your issue.
He's so fit and intelligent omg I would probably just spend the entirety of his lectures feeling infatuated tbh :colondollar:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by louieee
gay guy here

I don't want to be "that guy" or anything but I'm genuinely hand-on-heart not attracted to him

I can see why people would be
but I feel like people look at him and think "I should be attracted to him" and then kind of kid themselves into finding him ridiculously attractive just because they /should/

he's just so conventional and I feel like he's tailored to make people find him so desirable that it kind of takes away from what would otherwise actually make him desirable

I acknowledge the work he's put into his body
and facially he's pretty decent

but like it's kind of a look now that we're viewing everywhere and it just doesn't do it for me

I'll be honest though
to begin with I was like "damn he's hella fine"

but then I thought about it
and I realised the reason I thought that was because we're kind of told that that's what we should like? like

and then within like fourfives seconds I realised that actually just nah he's really not what I'm attracted to at all

so yeah :/

I think it's the PHD and the intelligence that tipped it over the edge for me. I fail to understand how someone can have enough time to sculpt a body like that and do a PHD (mech eng I think) whilst also teaching maths lectures. He must work so hard!! Would you not rather have someone that looked like him over a normal lecturer though? If not, who would your ideal hot lecturer look like?
Original post by Zachary T-H
I think it's the PHD and the intelligence that tipped it over the edge for me. I fail to understand how someone can have enough time to sculpt a body like that and do a PHD (mech eng I think) whilst also teaching maths lectures. He must work so hard!! Would you not rather have someone that looked like him over a normal lecturer though? If not, who would your ideal hot lecturer look like?

obvs I'd rather have him than a completely average person but I'm not fantasising about it or anything
Reply 45
lawd he can plug his solution into my equation :fan:
Original post by TheAlchemistt
Im not a women but seriously why is this thread even a thing.
He has the qualifications to become a uni lecturer at UCL in maths which isnt an easy thing to do. A very difficult thing to do actually.

Hes not gonna be half naked in a lecture so if you get distracted by him thats your issue.

This thread is a thing for two reasons, one he is hot. Secondly, you're right, he has achieved academic excellence allowing him to teach at UCL which is no easy task. He has also managed to simultaneously train to be a competition winning fitness model which is incredibly difficult. When you look at the combination of his achievements it is even more impressive, I have nothing but respect for that man, I thought his achievement should be shared with those on TSR through a light hearted thread.
Nothing wrong with a bit of eye candy to aid your studies!
Original post by Ikidyounot.
I see what you mean, my friend is the same, she said it's partly the engineered, artificial look of the photos. I think the reason I definitely am attracted to this guy and male models in general, is because of how expressive they look in shots, in a way that heterosexual guys don't usually behave. I like the vulnerability they dare to show, in doing that. I think it's the same reason I often end up attracted to certain types of gay guys, which is fruitless, or bisexual. Massive generalisations, I am prepared for criticism, but it's how I feel.

Anyway, what about Michael Morgan?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Noc4edhn84o

His instagram, @mikeymogz, brightens up my day, so frickin' cute.

he's nice and that but I've never come across a model that I have any genuine attraction to idk
Original post by Arkasia
I would love to see the complaining if this thread were reversed, with a naked female lecturer in the OP, and comments like 'only if they remain naked'.

Feminism is as sick an ideology as any other. Ideology poisons the mind.
Do you mean in the flesh?

no how I would I meet one in person :P I mean like images of online, like I appreciate them and everything but it's like a "they look nice" or often "wow that's the kind of person that people like to look at" but it's never a genuine "ooooohft ohhh I'll stalk him a bit" do you know what I'm saying like? whereas with some pictures of guys I see online are really lovely and I kind of binge on them a bit but they're never really really typical in their looks
Probably not. I mean, other than eye candy, what advantage is there to having him as a lecturer?
You could? Well some are really just everyday people...I know models, who do it to earn cash whilst at Uni. Interestingly, one is at UCL, same as the OP's researcher.

Yeah I totally do know what you mean. Attraction is funny. Another friend always says she likes 'ugly guys', what does that even mean?! Bit off really. And clearly they're not ugly to her. But we all know what everyone else considers 'attractive', or 'striking', ' unusual', or 'ugly', but regardless, you're still attracted or unattracted.

Are you from Liverpool?

no I'm not, why? :P
Original post by louieee
gay guy here

I don't want to be "that guy" or anything but I'm genuinely hand-on-heart not attracted to him

I can see why people would be
but I feel like people look at him and think "I should be attracted to him" and then kind of kid themselves into finding him ridiculously attractive just because they /should/

he's just so conventional and I feel like he's tailored to make people find him so desirable that it kind of takes away from what would otherwise actually make him desirable

I acknowledge the work he's put into his body
and facially he's pretty decent

but like it's kind of a look now that we're viewing everywhere and it just doesn't do it for me

I'll be honest though
to begin with I was like "damn he's hella fine"

but then I thought about it
and I realised the reason I thought that was because we're kind of told that that's what we should like? like

and then within like fourfives seconds I realised that actually just nah he's really not what I'm attracted to at all

so yeah :/

respect.
I personally see this all as further evidence of hypergamy, girls if you had this lecturer and he asked you out, would you dump your bf?
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
He's hot but I wouldn't want him to be a lecturer

https://uk.linkedin.com/pub/pietro-boselli/83/a35/82b

He's got the knowledge at least....

Posted from TSR Mobile
Not even attractive.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Smash Bandicoot
respect.

for what? it's just my opinion :s
I see what you mean, my friend is the same, she said it's partly the engineered, artificial look of the photos. I think the reason I definitely am attracted to this guy and male models in general, is because of how expressive they look in shots, in a way that heterosexual guys don't usually behave. I like the vulnerability they dare to show, in doing that. I think it's the same reason I often end up attracted to certain types of gay guys, which is fruitless, or bisexual. Massive generalisations, I am prepared for criticism, but it's how I feel.

Anyway, what about Michael Morgan?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Noc4edhn84o

His instagram, @mikeymogz, brightens up my day, so frickin' cute.

expressive?

If the guy wasn't as good looking and 'expressed' himself he would fall somewhere in either the 'cute littleborhter' category or 'creep/sad' category. Source: various average guys who tried the same **** on dating profiles etc.

I'm very tempted as per my anxiety disorder to get some rotten truth; I believe if this was a girl's lecturer, she would cheat on her boyfriend. Why would you stay with some average shuck, when you can have a hot phD lecturer?! :angry:
Original post by Smash Bandicoot
expressive?

If the guy wasn't as good looking and 'expressed' himself he would fall somewhere in either the 'cute littleborhter' category or 'creep/sad' category. Source: various average guys who tried the same **** on dating profiles etc.

I'm very tempted as per my anxiety disorder to get some rotten truth; I believe if this was a girl's lecturer, she would cheat on her boyfriend. Why would you stay with some average shuck, when you can have a hot phD lecturer?! :angry:

Riku, be quiet, you're being nuts again. Go write this all in a little notebook and take it to your therapist.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest