The Student Room Group

Is taking some A2 modules in AS worth it?

Hi,

in autumn I'll be applying to universities for Physics. I am on OCR A and I think I would be able to self-learn and take G484 this year. Would this improve my chances of getting into a good Uni or should I just focus on my AS modules? What do you guys think?

Thanks for replies.
Reply 1
Original post by DrSerious
Hi,

in autumn I'll be applying to universities for Physics. I am on OCR A and I think I would be able to self-learn and take G484 this year. Would this improve my chances of getting into a good Uni or should I just focus on my AS modules? What do you guys think?

Thanks for replies.

It would be unlikely to affect your chances at all really. Some places may possibly take interest in the fact that you've worked to self study it, but in general all they care about (even good unis, Oxbridge being the obvious exception) is that you're targeted good enough grades in the correct subjects and have put effort in to the personal statement (Physics are definitely less interested in your personal statement but writing a load of rubbish generally doesn't look good). You'd likely be better off focusing on your AS exams, getting the best grades and UMS - UMS particularly if your 'good unis' includes Cambridge as I think they ask for them? - in those that you possibly can, and leaving the A2 work for A2 :smile: good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest