The Student Room Group

English Literature or Philosophy?

I need to decide my A-Level options today and I've been stuck on deciding between philosophy and english literature for about 3 months now and I don't know what to do. My other A-Levels are biology, chemistry and maths and in the future I want to go into either medicine, veterinary medicine or law.
With English, the thing putting me off is we can't decide which genre of books we study and I don't want to end up having to read things in The Immigrant Experience, for example. And with philosophy the benefit is that it's staying as an AS so if I drop it I'll still have a qualification.
(edited 9 years ago)
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you’ve posted in the right place? Posting in the specific Study Help forum should help get responses. :redface:

I'm going to quote in Puddles the Monkey now so she can move your thread to the right place if it's needed. :h: :yy:

Spoiler

Philosophy will go well with your other selections, if you're logical, you'll do well in all 4 subjects. While your other subjects will have scientific logic, this subject will have written logic, and if you're good at one, you'll be good at the other.

English Literature isn't a useful subject to have at post GCSE level, especially if you're planning on doing medicine.

Quick Reply

Latest