The Student Room Group

Sister called me a womanizer.

So the other day, I had just got back from my girlfriends house and was eating when my sister accused me of being a 'womanizer' just because I had recently broken up with another girl. So I told her to get back to her boring 'everyday sexism' farce (she is quite a militant feminist which I find hilarious). Yes, I do break up with girls quite often and yes once I finish my A levels and head off to university I will probably break up with my current girlfriend and acquire a new one. However, what business is it of my sisters and what is wrong with being a womanizer I am not breaking any laws or hurting anyone? Is my sister just mad because I am more popular and achieve more academically than she does?
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

I think she has a point. If you're not willing to make a relationship last, what's the point of having a girlfriend in the first place?
She probably doesn't like the fact you seem to not care in NY way about these girls feelings and are not behaving kindly towards them.
Original post by shawn_o1
I think she has a point. If you're not willing to make a relationship last, what's the point of having a girlfriend in the first place?

I see what you mean but I like to have girlfriends, yes I have 'commitment issues' but I am not hurting anyone, it is not like I have cheated on them or done anything illegal. I think my sister is just being a chore. If she had multiple boyfriends and I said something she would probably tell me to mind my own business so I think she is being a hypocrite. I am most likely going to tell her to grow up
Original post by redferry
She probably doesn't like the fact you seem to not care in NY way about these girls feelings and are not behaving kindly towards them.

I think she is just attention seeking. I have not cheated on anyone nor done anything illegal. She claims to be a liberal so why can't she just allow me to live my life. Ever since she became a 'feminist' she has become a very drab boring person and that is probably why she does not have as many friends as me and does not achieve as well academically as me. Well at least once I go to university, I will be free of her.
Original post by climbingthecell
I think she is just attention seeking. I have not cheated on anyone nor done anything illegal. She claims to be a liberal so why can't she just allow me to live my life. Ever since she became a 'feminist' she has become a very drab boring person and that is probably why she does not have as many friends as me and does not achieve as well academically as me. Well at least once I go to university, I will be free of her.

It's nothing to do with her being boring and everything to do with you not respecting women. No, you aren't doing anything illegal but your girlfriend/ex-girlfriends have feelings too, and by breaking up with them whenever you feel like it you aren't respecting their feelings. If you have commitment issues like you claim, then you should tell someone as you go into the relationship, so at least they're prepared. You're deliberately leading people on, so even though you aren't doing anything illegal, you're being immoral
From the sounds of it you are a womanizer. Load of guys your age are but what she is saying is true. You can't just pick up girlfriends then dump them for the sake of it and say it doesn't hurt anyone.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by georgiaswift
It's nothing to do with her being boring and everything to do with you not respecting women. No, you aren't doing anything illegal but your girlfriend/ex-girlfriends have feelings too, and by breaking up with them whenever you feel like it you aren't respecting their feelings. If you have commitment issues like you claim, then you should tell someone as you go into the relationship, so at least they're prepared. You're deliberately leading people on, so even though you aren't doing anything illegal, you're being immoral

Surely, break ups are all part of most relationships, what is wrong with breaking up with someone whenever you feel like it? Surely that is only healthy! I have not cheated on anyone. Could it just be my sister taking out her pent up mopey frustration on me when she really needs to look herself in the mirror? Maybe I should get my sister to see a psychiatrist as if she is being so aggressive then she needs help. Once I go to university later this year I will no longer have to put up with my sister intruding, so that is good.
Original post by cyrusdelray
From the sounds of it you are a womanizer. Load of guys your age are but what she is saying is true. You can't just pick up girlfriends then dump them for the sake of it and say it doesn't hurt anyone.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Why not?
Reply 9
Do as you please man. Go with everyone if you want. However bare this in mind... always wear condom, always treat a woman as a lady she is and never cheat (well, depends on your values). Other than that, I would say if you do these things you are OK!

Yep because the only morallynwrong things you can do in life are cheat on someone or do something illegal?

You sound like a very cold person, maybe try having aime regard for the people you date in future. For example going straight from one relationship to the other often hurts the other persons feelings. Your gf would also probably be very upset if she found out you are already planning to break up with her.

I'm actually not at all sure your story is true. Probably just another thinly veiled attack on feminism and women in general.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Luffy_San
Do as you please man. Go with everyone if you want. However bare this in mind... always wear condom, always treat a woman as a lady she is and never cheat (well, depends on your values). Other than that, I would say if you do these things you are OK!

I do all of those things and I do not cheat. I cannot understand what my sisters problem is.
Original post by redferry
Yep because the only morallynwrong things you can do in life are cheat on someone or do something illegal?

You sound like a very cold person, maybe try having aime regard for the people you date in future. For example going straight from one relationship to the other often hurts the other persons feelings. Your gf would also probably be very upset if she found out you are already planning to break up with her.

I'm actually not at all sure your story is true. Probably just another thinly veiled attack on feminism and women in general.

Your English is not clear what exactly are you trying to say? I am not saying I will break up with my girlfriend just that it is likely.
Surely you're hurting the girls feelings?
Original post by SnooFnoo
Surely you're hurting the girls feelings?

How? I am not cheating on them or doing anything malicious or nasty. Surely breaking up is part of most relationships ? And I do not break up with them in a cruel manner.
You sound so incredibly immature. Just because you don't cheat, or do anything illegal - as you keep saying, it doesn't mean you're not hurting anyone! What about all the girls feelings when you break up with them for the sake of it? You seem to need a girlfriend for validation in life. It's like the people at secondary school who just had to have a girlfriend and would ask everyone out until they could get one. You sound like a sad person. I think this is a troll, but if not, your sister must have hit a nerve for you to make a thread, because she's absolutely right.
Your English is not clear what exactly are you trying to say? I am not saying I will break up with my girlfriend just that it is likely.

What I'm saying is you seem to have little regard for the feeling of the girls you date from this post and your sister has obviously picked up on that.

For some obscure reason you are using this to attack feminism despite the fact its more about just generally valueing treating your partners niceley.
How? I am not cheating on them or doing anything malicious or nasty. Surely breaking up is part of most relationships ? And I do not break up with them in a cruel manner.

When someone engages in a relationship they invest emotions and time and energy, dismissing that because you're fed up with them is hurtful.
Sounds like you want a friend with benefits not a girlfriend.
Original post by SnooFnoo
When someone engages in a relationship they invest emotions and time and energy, dismissing that because you're fed up with them is hurtful.

It is called moving on. I suppose the main thing is how should I tell my sister to leave me alone and stay out of my relationship with my girlfriend?

Quick Reply