The Student Room Group

CAMHS

I'm meant to be finishing with CAMHS on Thursday and just seeing them every 6 months for a medication review. I haven't self harmed for a while but I've been making myself sick for a while and it's getting worse but I've never told them about this so I don't know what to do. Should I tell them? But then my mum would find out. Or should I just leave it

Posted from TSR Mobile
Tell them. It's a symptom, and if they are to help you, they should know. If your mum already knows you were self-harming, this won't be as hard for her (imho). Perhaps you have been using it as an alternative coping strategy? You should tell your CAMHS people so they can consider whether to sign you off or not. Take the opportunity you have here, please. Well done for not self-harming for a while; tell them what you've been doing instead, please.
Im pretty sure CAMHS would not need to tell your mum, provided you were in no immediate danger (e.g. they might tell her if you were puking blood or had chest pains) so I would tell them, it doesn't sound like you are ready to cut down on support

Quick Reply

Latest