The Student Room Group

HMRC form, "student loans" section

I'm almost done filling my HMRC form, but there is a section I'm stuck on.

The section is "student loans" and it says,

"If you left a course of Higher Education before last 6 April and received your first Student loans instalment on or after 1 September 1998 and you have not fully repaid your Student Loan, enter X in box D. (If you are required to repay your Student Loan through your bank or building society account do not enter an X in box D.)"

What is the difference and which do I follow?

I completed my course in 2012.

Thanks.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by lalalalalalamember
I'm almost done filling my HMRC form, but there is a section I'm stuck on.

The section is "student loans" and it says,

"If you left a course of Higher Education before last 6 April and received your first Student loans instalment on or after 1 September 1998 and you have not fully repaid your Student Loan, enter X in box D. (If you are required to repay your Student Loan through your bank or building society account do not enter an X in box D.)"

What is the difference and which do I follow?

I completed my course in 2012.

Thanks.

Repaying through bank/building society would, I assume, be if you had a loan yourself, rather than through the government.

Essentially, assuming you had a student loan in the normal way, and are expecting it to be taken out of your wages, you want to put an X in box D.
Original post by Aula
Repaying through bank/building society would, I assume, be if you had a loan yourself, rather than through the government.

Essentially, assuming you had a student loan in the normal way, and are expecting it to be taken out of your wages, you want to put an X in box D.

Done it now. But do I have to contact student loans company to update them on my employment details?

Thanks for replying.
Reply 3
Original post by lalalalalalamember
Done it now. But do I have to contact student loans company to update them on my employment details?

Thanks for replying.

Shouldn't need to. It'll be taken out along with your tax if you earn enough.

You're welcome :h:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending