The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Music facilities at UCl

Hi everyone,

After receiving my offer from UCL, which fyi I'm v. happy about aha, I've started trying to find out some more info about accommodation and everything, but there was one point I especially needed clarifying - what facilities are there for pianists/music students? What I mean is, do I have to taylor my accommodation search to only places that specifically have piano's and such rooms, or is there a music dept. on campus that has all of that stuff all readily available? If anyone whose already at UCL could let me know that'd be greatly appreciated! I did notice that at Astor College they said they had 'a' piano, but that didn't sound too promising when there'll more than likely be plenty of other pianists around needing it! Anyway, thank you!
Hi, I know this is a super late reply but I've just come across your post- I'm a current student and there are music practice rooms available to book from 9am-10pm (ish i think) in one of the main ucl buildings on campus for free, as for in halls- ifor evans and max rayne have a joint music practice room which wasn't used very often, I'm not sure about the other halls, but there are plenty of pianos on campus, I've never had a problem finding one to use.
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 2
Lovely, thank you :smile: Considering as my place was only confirmed yesterday your reply seems fittingly timed!
Reply 3
There are pianos at st pancras international, give us a performance. :wink:
A lot of the pianos at st pancras have broken keys haha but still worth a shot I guess- have a good year and keep an eye out for music societies aswell if you're interested- there are some really good ones
(for the record, when you get there the piano rooms are on the top floor of the Lewis Building, above the Huntley, and there are a couple in the csc building too- one's a music practice room and the other just has two random pianos)- not that that will mean anything to you at the moment but saves you searching in september

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending