The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

have you ever known a transgender person

Have you ever known a transgender person or anyone who has wanted to be a different gender?

Scroll to see replies

Not as far as I'm aware.
I often wonder what it's like to experience being in a lady's body, a fair bit :sexface:.
Reply 3
Yea, parents friend as well as people from neighbouring schools and know of many trans* people online too. Considering 0.3% --> 0.5% of the population is trans* there are not a huge amount trans* people.
Yes, a few people.
If I have I didn't know it.
Nope. Do ladyboys counts? If so, then yes.
Reply 7
A few, and they all turned out to be narcisitic and mental.
Yes, at my college there is a guy transitioning from female.
In my hometown there is a transgender person working at royal mail at the bit where you collect your parcels from, my dad use to work for royal mail too so he/she was aware of who I was from him. I got compliments from him/her saying haven't you grown up to be a handsome man, if only I was younger. I didn't how to take it and found it uncomfortable.

One of best mates is lesbian so go into a gay bar with her now and again, there is a transgender person who works behind the bar that is quite friendly.
I don't think I have.
Original post by Guy Secretan
Have you ever known a transgender person or anyone who has wanted to be a different gender?

Three, to my knowledge. 'Person' will do however, they are not a different species to be gawked at by the curious. Why do you ask (read in tone of friendly curiosity, not aggression :smile: )?
Original post by perspiracious
Not personally. Although, I saw cross-dressers with my own eyes, several times in the public.

This. I've seen far more cross-dressers than transgenders.
Original post by thecatwithnohat
This. I've seen far more cross-dressers than transgenders.

I probably wouldn't be able to differentiate between a cis-person and a fully transitioned transgendered person.
Yes, a few. Quite common to be "out" nowadays compared to two or three years ago.
Original post by Peli-Pelican
Three, to my knowledge. 'Person' will do however, they are not a different species to be gawked at by the curious. Why do you ask (read in tone of friendly curiosity, not aggression :smile: )?

I just wondered as I find it interesting. On niomi smart youtube her boyfriend marcus mentioned once his sister used to want to be a boy and asked everone to call her harry.
Yes, at least two people since going to university.
Don't think so.
Reply 18
yeah, I am
Reply 19

Latest

Trending

Trending