The Student Room Group

Adam Johnson arrested.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
These younger girls that look like 19 are dangerous.

I have a feeling that she told him she was older from this story, a footballer would never risk this.

He could pull perfectly fine, this is of course if he isn't just a paedo.
Original post by sr90
I don't believe that the nightclub/fake ID scenario has anything to do with it. Fair enough if it was a 16 or 17 year old (let's be honest everyone has tried their brother/sister/friend who looks like them's ID at some point) but anyone can tell the difference between a 14 year old and an 18 year old. If their looks don't give it away then the first sentence that comes out of their mouth will.

So you think he knew she was underage before having sex with her? (if indeed he had sex with her at all) I get where your coming from but that's a bit far fetched tbh. Surely AJ, as a reasonably known figure, had the intelligence not to sleep with a girl he knew was underage. The girl lying to him is the only explanation, I'll be shocked if it isn't.

It wouldn't surprise me to see an exclusive story in the Sun in the next few days with the girl's account.
Original post by sevchenko
So you think he knew she was underage before having sex with her? (if indeed he had sex with her at all) I get where your coming from but that's a bit far fetched tbh. Surely AJ, as a reasonably known figure, had the intelligence not to sleep with a girl he knew was underage. The girl lying to him is the only explanation, I'll be shocked if it isn't.

It wouldn't surprise me to see an exclusive story in the Sun in the next few days with the girl's account.

Nothing surprises me about professional footballers, most of them are narcissistic and arrogant enough to think that they are above the law.

Most of the places who let underage kids in are the chav ridden hell holes nobody of sound mind wants to go to anyway. The ones who spam you with Facebook invites every day offering ''£2 jager bombs, girls free before 11pm, THE best venue in town''. A Premier League footballer wouldn't be seen dead in a place like that.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 23
Original post by gggjmmm

Also, I heard she was 14?

Indeed.
Reply 24
Original post by 53SecondsToGo
Made me look to realise he was only 26, crazy really. We need Cat more than Johnson at the minute, as bad as that sounds.

Agreed.
Original post by sr90
Nothing surprises me about professional footballers, most of them are narcissistic and arrogant enough to think that they are above the law.

Most of the places who let underage kids in are the chav ridden hell holes nobody of sound mind wants to go to anyway. The ones who spam you with Facebook invites every day offering ''£2 jager bombs, girls free before 11pm, THE best venue in town''. A Premier League footballer wouldn't be seen dead in a place like that.

I have seen Premier League footballers in some absolute hell holes to be fair.

Though to be fair one of them was Nile Ranger...
Original post by Mackay
Guilty until proven innocent.

At least according to Twitter.

@ this

Its a shame the media put him on blast. Even if he is innocent, his name will be tainted forever. Just imagine the pedo chants on away games, the looks he will get from members of the public.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 27
Original post by ROONEY-9-MUTD
@ this

Its a shame the media put him on blast. Even if he is innocent, his name will be tainted forever. Just imagine the pedo chants on away games, the looks he will get from members of the public.

A rape accusation is as good as a conviction. It sticks like **** regardless.
Reply 28
It's bull**** that he's been named
Shouldn't there be no comment until a court hearing?
what the **** is this about naming people before they're even formally charged, let alone in court, let alone guilty. This isn't just about Johnson, I mean in general too. You have this missing girl. news now reports the people arrested on suspicion of kidnapping are not being charged with her murder, the BBC then does a report showing you a photo of the suspects car along with its reg, and the reporter actually says the reg too, cos its so vital, in massive digital text next to a digital mock up of said vehicle...

I'd get it if the police were appealing there and then for anyone who saw this vehicle at X time on X day near X place but they're not..

Anyhow as for Johnson we'll see, some here saying she was 14 not 15 now?

We'll see what happened but I imagine she made out she was older, clearly he shouldn't just take her word if it's not an exclusive club which was meant to be ID;ing on the door but then again to stereotype...footballers ain't always the brightest folks around.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 31
Original post by joey11223
what the **** is this about naming people before they're even formally charged, let alone in court, let alone guilty. This isn't just about Johnson, I mean in general too. You have this missing girl. news now reports the people arrested on suspicion of kidnapping are not being charged with her murder, the BBC then does a report showing you a photo of the suspects car along with its reg, and the reporter actually says the reg too, cos its so vital, in massive digital text next to a digital mock up of said vehicle...

I'd get it if the police were appealing there and then for anyone who saw this vehicle at X time on X day near X place but they're not..

Completely agree. The microscope he's going to be put under now is huge. How can anybody get a fair trial in those circumstance? Everybody is going to be savvy to the details of the accusation etc.
Reply 32
Anonymity should be a two way street. Even if Adam Johnson is innocent, his career is virtually ruined.
Reply 33
Original post by The Shed End
He should have joined Everton. They were all over Young Boys last week.

Well they are a Catholic football team...
Reply 34
Original post by Koolio
Anonymity should be a two way street. Even if Adam Johnson is innocent, his career is virtually ruined.

Is anyone actually arsed? As long as he didnt force her who cares?
Reply 35
More like Adam NONCESON amirite?
In some other thread ages ago when it was asked which team besides your own you like, I answered Sunderland. It's a shame really because I quite like Adam.

Girls these days 1) Look way older than they are and 2) She probably would have lied about her age, it's a two way street here.

Hopefully this doesn't dent him.
Original post by Lyrical Prodigy
In some other thread ages ago when it was asked which team besides your own you like, I answered Sunderland. It's a shame really because I quite like Adam.

Girls these days 1) Look way older than they are and 2) She probably would have lied about her age, it's a two way street here.

It is a two way street, but the law won't see it that way. There's so much positive discrimination for women now that she'll very likely be given the benefit of the doubt above Johnson, whether he's innocent or not. Looks like this might be the next Ched Evans style scandal. This will dent him, unless there is clear proof that he didn't have sex with her. But that's unlikely.
Original post by Lyrical Prodigy

Never remember that...
Original post by Koolio

No more england caps for him.
If sunderland cancels his contract he will be on the same boat as ched evans, but I suspect he could easily get a gig abroad because he is more talented.

Quick Reply

Latest