The Student Room Group

Getting her to stop crying.

There is a girl in my class who yesterday and before was teased and even bullied in class. Anyhow, and this is weird and strange. Today she was hiding before class crying in one of the cupboards in the school. I told her to come out, she refused and said there was no point, she does not have any friends and she will just be teased again in class. I said I would be her friend, she said 'do you promise?'. I said yes. After that she finally came out. I realize I have made a promise and should abide by that. Especially considering she is intending to study A levels at the same place I will be. I do not know if she is intending to go to the same university as me though. Anyhow now that I have made a promise to her, what should I do to fulfil said promise?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by breakthebase
There is a girl in my class who yesterday and before was teased and even bullied in class. Anyhow, and this is weird and strange. Today she was hiding before class crying in one of the cupboards in the school. I told her to come out, she refused and said there was no point, she does not have any friends and she will just be teased again in class. I said I would be her friend, she said 'do you promise?'. I said yes. After that she finally came out. I realize I have made a promise and should abide by that. Especially considering she is intending to study A levels at the same place I will be. I do not know if she is intending to go to the same university as me though. Anyhow now that I have made a promise to her, what should I do to fulfil said promise?

:console: Aww. That's nice.
For one thing you should realise that you have just made a huge mistake.

You have in essence made a promise to an extremely damaged person who at a few kind words is now assuming that you are her only friend. .

Now it may be that she is a lovely person and you two will get on famously and be besties foreversies.

Though i more think your in for an edward cullen stalker type of friend who is going to be hugely dependent on you
You would be "her friend who teaches her how to become an independent person", not "her emotional parent". That's what she should understand.
Reply 4
Original post by silverbolt

You have in essence made a promise to an extremely damaged person who at a few kind words is now assuming that you are her only friend. .

Now it may be that she is a lovely person and you two will get on famously and be besties foreversies.

Though i more think your in for an edward cullen stalker type of friend who is going to be hugely dependent on you

lol leave it out.

OP, just hang out with her at lunch and break etc. Exchange phone numbers, and invite her to social events with your other friends etc.

Just try to include her :smile: Don't worry about what he said up there, if it becomes that you can deal with it.
Original post by shawn_o1
You would be "her friend who teaches her how to become an independent person", not "her emotional parent". That's what she should understand.

How should I approach doing that then?
How should I approach doing that then?

just try and integrate her with your friends, invite her to sit with you lot in class and at lunch time and invite her when you socialize

it might be worth having a word with your friends about how you think you should try and hang out with her sometimes as you don't want to invite her to sit with you only to have your mates be horrible to her as well

That last sentence does not sound altogether too pleasant.
Original post by doodle_333
just try and integrate her with your friends, invite her to sit with you lot in class and at lunch time and invite her when you socialize

it might be worth having a word with your friends about how you think you should try and hang out with her sometimes as you don't want to invite her to sit with you only to have your mates be horrible to her as well

Ok, thank you. I will speak to my friends!
Original post by Lulu24
lol leave it out.

OP, just hang out with her at lunch and break etc. Exchange phone numbers, and invite her to social events with your other friends etc.

Just try to include her :smile: Don't worry about what he said up there, if it becomes that you can deal with it.

Ok, thank you.
what u did was very kind. its horrible be isolated and bullied. maybe you could feel better helping someone else feel better. perhaps it won't even feel like a burden in the end and you could have a good friendship.

You have reached the limit of how many posts you can rate today!! :angry: Wow, Op, that was very nice and thoughtful of you.:smile:
Awwwwwwww

Erm... just be there bro. Might make yerself a new bezzie m8 who knows
Buy tasty food,
give said food.
Original post by Cremated_Spatula
Buy tasty food,
give said food.

Really, do you think that will help?

Is she shagable?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Rugar Rell
Is she shagable?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Surely, that is no relevant?

What an unpleasant post! Ignore this 'advice' OP.

Rep given.

This is a really kind action and will help her get her confidence back. Do you know who is doing the bullying?
Original post by Muttley79
What an unpleasant post! Ignore this 'advice' OP.

Doesnt make it any less true.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending