:cool:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2
What a stupid idea
Reply 3
Original post by nyan~
What a stupid idea

Wikipedia should be a safe space.
Don't be ****ing ridiculous. Next thing you know there'll be trigger warnings everywhere you look because god forbid someone takes responsibility for what they're looking at.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 5
Original post by green.tea

Well, you've convinced me!!
Surely it would be more appropriate to have a Trigger warning for "Only Fools and Horses"?
Reply 7
Original post by Drunk Punx
Don't be ****ing ridiculous. Next thing you know they'll be trigger warnings everywhere you look because god forbid someone take responsibility for what they're looking at.

It's the logical next step from having them in lectures and course materials. People actually need to use Wikipedia for their studies.
Original post by Good bloke
Surely it would be more appropriate to have a Trigger warning for "Only Fools and Horses"?

Terrible. :p:
Don't be ****ing ridiculous. Next thing you know they'll be trigger warnings everywhere you look because god forbid someone take responsibility for what they're looking at.

This. Trigger warnings are a waste of time on the internet, people choose what they're looking at.

Why should it? Says who? If you're likely to get triggered by looking at an encyclopaedia.. perhaps the internet isn't for you.
Original post by Retired_Messiah
This. Trigger warnings are a waste of time on the internet, people choose what they're looking at.

I didn't realise the typo until you quoted me :teehee:

I put "they'll" instead of "there'll" more often than I care to admit. I'm surprised no-one's gone :fuhrer: on my ass for it.
I didn't realise the typo until you quoted me :teehee:

I put "they'll" instead of "there'll" more often than I care to admit. I'm surprised no-one's gone :fuhrer: on my ass for it.

I didn't even notice :s-smilie:
Original post by Retired_Messiah
I didn't even notice :s-smilie:

Most don't :awesome:
I tend not to check what I've written when I enter keyboard warrior mode.
It's the logical next step from having them in lectures and course materials. People actually need to use Wikipedia for their studies.

No. It is a stupid idea.

Ridiculous. Then again, I find the whole idea of 'trigger warnings' absurd anyway.
Go back to tumblr
Reply 17
Original post by Ezisola
Why should it? Says who? If you're likely to get triggered by looking at an encyclopaedia.. perhaps the internet isn't for you.

People need the internet for their studies tho. Wikipedia must be brought into line with academia and made safe with trigger warnings.
(edited 9 years ago)
>_>
Reply 19
Wikipedia's view of trigger warnings:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trauma_trigger#Trigger_warning

The efficacy of 'trigger warnings' has not been methodically addressed by scientific study, however in an interview about Trigger Warnings for the Daily Telegraph[11] Professor Metin Basoglu, a psychologist internationally recognised for his trauma research[11] said that "The media should actually quite the contrary… Instead of encouraging a culture of avoidance, they should be encouraging exposure.
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest