The Student Room Group

What's the most racist country in the world?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by thatcherblair
Obviously, Britain is one of the least racist, so it got me thinking what is the most racist?

After a few ideas with plausable explanations, I'll add a poll. Obviously Israel will be on the list so no need to mention it.

Original post by Evening
Israel

What?
Original post by Barack Obama
:rolleyes: You call me a "troll" because you can't handle a debate.

Any attacks on white people in South Africa have more to do with class, NOT RACE. Most black people have not been empowered by "end of apartheid" and thus still live in abject poverty. You probably believe "white genocide" or whatever is happening too.

See the thing is, I used work in South Africa on a farm. And I actually saw the racism first hand and it is pure and simple racism. The tensions are lessening but the hate is still alive and well in many areas.

I don't believe in white genocide in the load of bull****.
Original post by DiddyDec
See the thing is, I used work in South Africa on a farm. And I actually saw the racism first hand and it is pure and simple racism. The tensions are lessening but the hate is still alive and well in many areas.

I don't believe in white genocide in the load of bull****.

No, the attacks on farmers are a class issue, not a race issue. Boers spout the most racist nonsense, nothing they say is worth listening to.
Original post by Barack Obama
No, the attacks on farmers are a class issue, not a race issue. Boers spout the most racist nonsense, nothing they say is worth listening to.

And the attacks on white farm workers? Just collateral?
Original post by DiddyDec
And the attacks on white farm workers? Just collateral?

Effectively.
Reply 45
Original post by 4 3
Based on their laws Saudi Arabia is one of the worst, no religion other than Islam is allowed to be practised (offically)

I guess you haven't been there, check any any video or clip of the hajj pilgrimage. The place has like almost every colour and race of human known to man.
Original post by G8D
Israel is an inherently racist state... They base citizenship on whether your grandparents passed on a mythical gene to you thus making you 'jewish'.

But that's because it's a relatively new country. It was created as a Jewish homeland (not because of racism but because Jews are tired of being massacred in every country they reside in), hence a Jew is entitled to nationality. 19% of the population there is Arabic, and there is a huge group of people inmigrating from Ethopia. I have seen first hand that there is no discrimination whatsoever. Israelis are not the racist type, because most of them are inmigrants anyway
Original post by G8D
Israel is an inherently racist state... They base citizenship on whether your grandparents passed on a mythical gene to you thus making you 'jewish'.

The gene is not 'mythical'. Jews tend to marry other Jews, so there will, for obvious reasons, be a tendency in the genes within the Jewish population.
Original post by The Clockwork Apple
It was created as a Jewish homeland.

19% of the population there is Arabic

The problem is that the Arab population is growing much faster than the Jewish population. When the Arab population becomes a majority, Israel will have to decide whether it wants to be a democracy, or a Jewish state. I'm afraid that the answer will likely be the latter.
Original post by G8D
You've not really challenged anything I've said. Whether it's judaism or Israel that is racist is relevant. At the very least one informs the other.

Don't try and get emotive on me, this isn't another shoah. I've not even said it's bad, it's just fact.

A shoah? I was mentioning the purpose of the state of Israel, to demonstrate this policy is not based in hate towards other or anything similar. To say a country is racist implies many things, which certainly do not describe Israel. Freedom of religion, multicultural and everyone being given the same rights, and the fact that I've seen no discrimination in Israel whatsoever. No, Israel is certainly not racist.
Original post by Mathemusician
The problem is that the Arab population is growing much faster than the Jewish population. When the Arab population becomes a majority, Israel will have to decide whether it wants to be a democracy, or a Jewish state. I'm afraid that the answer will likely be the latter.

The Arabic population in Israel grows at a faster rate in terms of birth, but I think that, due to the massive amount of inmigration, this is not the case in the overall population? Not sure.
Reply 51
South Africa. They have Affirmative Action laws that make the USA's look tame.
Original post by G8D
You continue to make irrelevant points. The citizenship test is racist. This cannot be denied. It is an arbitrary racial selection unlike that found in most other countries (I would concede that the UAE has a similar citizenship arrangement, though).

I understand what you're saying, it's just the word 'racist' has very negative connotations, which certainly do not apply to Israel!
Reply 53
Original post by 4 3
Based on their laws Saudi Arabia is one of the worst, no religion other than Islam is allowed to be practised (offically)

you can't be racist towards a religion.
Original post by Loafing.Charizard
John Terry

OP said COUNTRY not ****...
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by The Clockwork Apple
But that's because it's a relatively new country. It was created as a Jewish homeland (not because of racism

Creating a state designed and reserved for a particular ethnic group is inherently racist.

Persecution can make this more understandable, but it doesn't stop it being racist, just as the centuries of slavery and oppression of African Americans doesn't stop the Nation of Islam or the New Black Panthers being racist.
In answer to OP, depends whether you mean in terms of population attitudes or official policy. For example, Russia has relatively little official racism, but it's hugely pervasive in social attitudes.

I'd probably go with North Korea though.
Original post by thatcherblair
Very interesting. The black racist troll who is trying to spin the farm attacks as class issues is not even worth debating.

May I ask are you South African yourself? If so when did you move here?

I'm English. I just worked there.
South Korea, China, Zimbabwe, North Korea.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending