The Student Room Group

Relationship Advice

Me and my boyfriend have been together a year and 9 months this month yet we have been on and off since year 10 (4 years). Lately however we have been arguing all the time about him being rude to me or him constantly mithering me over text message when I'm either in college or doing college work at home he has a job so it's not boredom or anything but he just constantly wants to see me and starts complaining when I can't see him that night (we prearranged) because I had two pieces of homework due in the next day. I can understand he wants to see me but I don't complain when he cancels plans because he's working. I just feel like we're falling apart and part of me just wants to end it but I still love him, what do I do?
Reply 1
Original post by Kaytii_Louise
Me and my boyfriend have been together a year and 9 months this month yet we have been on and off since year 10 (4 years). Lately however we have been arguing all the time about him being rude to me or him constantly mithering me over text message when I'm either in college or doing college work at home he has a job so it's not boredom or anything but he just constantly wants to see me and starts complaining when I can't see him that night (we prearranged) because I had two pieces of homework due in the next day. I can understand he wants to see me but I don't complain when he cancels plans because he's working. I just feel like we're falling apart and part of me just wants to end it but I still love him, what do I do?

I can completely empathise, I've been with my boyfriend now (on and off) for 3 years. I actually go to boarding school and he left in year 11, leaving me slightly in the cold. Despite this we have stayed together; however he has cheated on me numerous times, 'slagged' me off to his friends and even lead on other Girls which have talked to me about his antics. I would love my relationship to end however I just cant let it.... Do as I say, but not as I do.ll you'll be better off in th long run...
Original post by Foo.mp3
Sounds a bit OTT. Nothing for it but to try to communicate how you're both feeling and try to reach compromise, and for him to learn to realise what normal is

Thank you, I will see how the communication bit goes and get back to you x
Original post by Jessmw
I can completely empathise, I've been with my boyfriend now (on and off) for 3 years. I actually go to boarding school and he left in year 11, leaving me slightly in the cold. Despite this we have stayed together; however he has cheated on me numerous times, 'slagged' me off to his friends and even lead on other Girls which have talked to me about his antics. I would love my relationship to end however I just cant let it.... Do as I say, but not as I do.ll you'll be better off in th long run...

You're advising me to break up with him?
Reply 4
Original post by Jessmw

Your boyfriend treats you like crap and you still stay with hmm. Perhaps you feel it's all you are worth.
Reply 5
Original post by Kaytii_Louise

You are a very young couple, I would say end it with him after telling him how you feel. Perhaps this will spark a change in him and if he really wants you back you can get together again in a couple months.
Original post by Jessmw

Why can't you end it with him?

I'm sorry but there is no way I would settle for this nonsense. This guy doesn't respect you or care at all, if he did, he wouldn't cheat on you or talk bad about you to others. He wants to have his cake and eat it, and he is doing just that. Since you have forgiven him he will probably do the same thing over and over.

You are young, there are plenty guys out there for you. Leave the boy to his own devices and find your inner happiness. If happiness is what you are looking for then look deep within, don't mistake this relationship for that. You really need to reevaluate somethings and take your own advice. Don't settle with anything less than what you deserve.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 7
Original post by phunky_fresh
Why can't you end it with him?

I'm sorry but there is no way I would settle for this nonsense. This guy doesn't respect you or care at all, if he did, he wouldn't cheat on you or talk bad about you to others. He wants to have his cake and eat it, and he is doing just that. Since you have forgiven him he will probably do the same thing over and over.

You are young, there are plenty guys out there for you. Leave the boy to his own devices and find your inner happiness. If happiness is what you are looking for then look deep within, don't mistake this relationship for that. You really need to reevaluate somethings and take your own advice. Don't settle with anything less than what you deserve.

My situations difficult, I've had a long list of family issues, resulting in boarding school being my best option- my dad being a rather large part of it; I guess from my experiences that I feel obliged to accept whatever he throws at me... Which I know is wrong, although I feel he has been one of my only constants during my life. It sounds horrendously pathetic, but I'm not a weak person at all, I'm outgoing and confident; but when it comes to him, he seems to get the better of me...don't get me wrong, I love him and I don't feel I can carry on as normal without him..
Original post by Jessmw
My situations difficult, I've had a long list of family issues, resulting in boarding school being my best option- my dad being a rather large part of it; I guess from my experiences that I feel obliged to accept whatever he throws at me... Which I know is wrong, although I feel he has been one of my only constants during my life. It sounds horrendously pathetic, but I'm not a weak person at all, I'm outgoing and confident; but when it comes to him, he seems to get the better of me...don't get me wrong, I love him and I don't feel I can carry on as normal without him..

I'm pretty sure you can function without him. You will probably find that once you are over the heartache you will realize a big weight has been lifted off your shoulders.

You were born into this world alone and you will be leaving this world alone. Please don't make the mistake of having 101 regrets when you get older. Nothing is worse than wasted time, you can't rewind or delete chapters from your life. However you can rectify things as you go along, but if you are happy 'settling' then I guess there's not much more I can say on the matter.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending