The Student Room Group

My dad is cheating on my mum with her friend.

I saw them kissing outside the house from my bedroom's window and I was shocked at what I saw.

Should I tell my mum?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
try and get some evidence to prove it, otherwise they will obviously deny it and personally? I would tell my mam yeah
Solid evidence then go.
Get evidence first.
What they said :smile: gl mate
Original post by Tom2596
try and get some evidence to prove it, otherwise they will obviously deny it and personally? I would tell my mam yeah

Well they've had a rocky relationship in recent months. Proof? Do I need proof?

Original post by Student07YT
Solid evidence then go.

Original post by DiddyDec
Get evidence first.

How?

Go through his phone?

Dad is an IT whiz he has passwords on everything.
Original post by Mistake Not...
How?

Go through his phone?

Dad is an IT whiz he has passwords on everything.

Photographic will do fine.
I saw them kissing outside the house from my bedroom's window and I was shocked at what I saw.

Should I tell my mum?

Yes, think about how your mum would feel. Try get proof first, but don't let your dad find out it was you who told your mum. You don't want to ruin your relationship with your father, although you might hate his guts right now.

Was it a peck/little kiss which could have been innocent or a full on sexual snog?
Wow, that's rough. And to do it right outside the house... Wow.

I think you should tell your mum, yeah. If she finds out later, and then it comes out you knew, she'll be ****ing devastated.

Should I tell my mum?

He has my respect.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Photographic will do fine.

How will I know when it's gonna happen again? The friend doesn't come around often. It was my mum's birthday and she was the last guest to leave my dad was "walking her to the car".
Get evidence first.

That's providing she saw them kissing and it's not really implicit of an affair. He could still make out as if it was a first time kiss and convince her mom that is was a one-off mistake etc.....

I know of a friend where something similar happened....
Original post by Rugar Rell
He has my respect.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Why?
How will I know when it's gonna happen again? The friend doesn't come around often. It was my mum's birthday and she was the last guest to leave my dad was "walking her to the car".

Was it a romantic kiss?

Original post by ridwan12
That's providing she saw them kissing and it's not really implicit of an affair. He could still make out as if it was a first time kiss and convince her mom that is was a one-off mistake etc.....

I know of a friend where something similar happened....

That is what happens when you become too trusting.
Was it a romantic kiss?

Romantic? I don't know. What's the difference?

A kiss is a kiss at the end of the day. They kissed on the mouth and it lasted longer than a minute.
Romantic? I don't know. What's the difference?

A kiss is a kiss at the end of the day. They kissed on the mouth and it lasted longer than a minute.

That would constitute a romantic kiss. I was wondering whether it could just be a friendly thing.

You may just have to tell your mother and hope for the best.
Was it a romantic kiss?

That is what happens when you become too trusting.

When you're in situation where you know your marriage is falling apart, you begin to make excuse for your partner especially with kids involved. My friends parents relationship didn't end well as his mom found his dad's burner phone, where he had been texting someone sexual texts etc and then his dad claimed it was a friends phone
I'm confused and hurt at the same time. I reckon I'll have a sleep on it and see how I'm feeling in the morning. I've been put in a terrible position and I think it's unfair that this pressure and stress is weighing on me.
Tell your mum! Is that even a question?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ridwan12
When you're in situation where you know your marriage is falling apart, you begin to make excuse for your partner especially with kids involved. My friends parents relationship didn't end well as his mom found his dad's burner phone, where he had been texting someone sexual texts etc and then his dad claimed it was a friends phone

Oh dear. I know all about messy divorce. My parents' divorce battle raged on for 15 years.

Quick Reply

Latest