The Student Room Group

Why do girls sugar-coat each other's facebook pictures?

so beautiful xoxo!

ahh why u so pretty babe not fair >:frown:

cute! xx

luv uuu! <3

Seriously.... what is the point of this? Do you girls not realise the blatant meaningless words being spat out at you and your pictures? How does one see the superficial sugar coating of a compliment and yet still be validated by it?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ZSuperSaiyan
so beautiful xoxo!

cute! xx

luv uuu! <3

Seriously.... what is the point of this? Do you girls not realise the blatant meaningless words being spat out at you and your pictures? How does one see the superficial sugar coating of a compliment and yet still be validated by it?

Because they're just havin fun they don't care who sees

So what they go out, that's how it's supposed to beee

Livin young and wild and free

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Because teenage girl friendship circles are the most incestuous, two-faced, self-serving collections of living creatures on the planet?

Also, because girls tend to be nice to each other, which isn't a bad thing, whereas boys are rather harsher in their comments to their friends. Both are hardly intellectually stimulating, but better to be fake and sweet than try too hard to sound cool.
Original post by Arkasia
Because teenage girl friendship circles are the most incestuous, two-faced, self-serving collections of living creatures on the planet?

Also, because girls tend to be nice to each other, which isn't a bad thing, whereas boys are rather harsher in their comments to their friends. Both are hardly intellectually stimulating, but better to be fake and sweet than try too hard to sound cool.

Lol, I was once walking towards a girl who had a crush on me, her friend was talking to her, but then the girl walked off, then I went to talk to her friend, and straight away she told me everything, and she told her to keep it a secret, so yeah a lot of them are two faced lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by Yeah dude
Lol, I was once walking towards a girl who had a crush on me, her friend was talking to her, but then the girl walked off, then I went to talk to her friend, and straight away she told me everything, and she told her to keep it a secret, so yeah a lot of them are two faced lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

Too many 'she's', I am confused.
Original post by Arkasia
Too many 'she's', I am confused.

Yeah I'm BS At the third person game, I'll clarify.

Girl 1 is the girl who like me and 'she' is her friend

Girl 1 walks off
I walk in to talk to 'she' (this sounds retarded)
She tells me everything girl 1 told her to keep a secret

I hope my skills are great

Posted from TSR Mobile
Tbh this is why I don't post photos of myself and I make all my profile/cover photos available to view by only me because then I don't get those cheesy comments. Like they don't mean them, they're just saying it because it's the done thing.

Tbh when my friends tag me in photos and I see comments like 'you all look soooo nice xo' I'm just like girl I doubt you even like me why are you even saying that. It makes me cringe and makes me feel kinda lame because I know it's just a generic compliment that they're giving out to whoever's photo comes up on their homepage. It's meaningless and false.

I suppose it's cause when I look at people's photos and I see streams of comments like 'aww you look gorgeous' from another girk who despises the girl in the photo I'm just like... why lie? If you're constantly slagging someone off don't go on their photos and post stuff like 'you look so good' when you clearly hate them.

So yeah I don't know why people do it, but it's pretty lame tbh. I wish you could disable the like function on Facebook because I don't want people liking stuff I post (rare as it is) nor do I want their false comments.
(edited 9 years ago)
so beautiful xoxo!

cute! xx

luv uuu! <3

I think that individuals who do such things are insecure about their own developing personalities, which they try to mask by posting pseudo-compliments towards the appearance of people that they have only met in passing.

Funnily enough, you never see girls making a probably correct comment of 'Jesus, you look as if a child went down the make-up section of Boots, smeared it all over your face making it resemble a clay coating, then decided to show a duck-face and expose as much of your horrible, saggy breasts as possible, you attention-seeking whore'.
Reply 8
Original post by Yeah dude
Yeah I'm BS At the third person game, I'll clarify.

Girl 1 is the girl who like me and 'she' is her friend

Girl 1 walks off
I walk in to talk to 'she' (this sounds retarded)
She tells me everything girl 1 told her to keep a secret

I hope my skills are great

Posted from TSR Mobile

Makes sense now, good times :yy:
Reply 9
Original post by Cadherin
I think that individuals who do such things are insecure about their own developing personalities, which they try to mask by posting pseudo-compliments towards the appearance of people that they have only met in passing.

Funnily enough, you never see girls making a probably correct comment of 'Jesus, you look as if a child went down the make-up section of Boots, smeared it all over your face making it resemble a clay coating, then decided to show a duck-face and expose as much of your horrible, saggy breasts as possible, you attention-seeking whore'.

'Thanks mum'
Original post by Arkasia
'Thanks mum'

True though?:tongue:
True though?:tongue:

Obviously, leaving a comment like that would spark a Mean Girls style turf war between the girl gangs.
Original post by Arkasia
Obviously, leaving a comment like that would spark a Mean Girls style turf war between the girl gangs.

Haha, just realised that that sounds like something Regina George would say!
Haha, just realised that that sounds like something Regina George would say!

It would go straight into the Burn Book.
I don't really comment on friends pics or like it unless I genuinely think it's a nice pic. Just like I wouldn't lie to them about an outfit etc looking nice if I didn't think it did. If I'm close to them I should be able to be honest with them and vice versa.
Reply 15
Hahaha. There's these girls in my year. They post the most cringey comments on each other's photos, and act as though they're the best friends ever. But they're sooo disloyal. It's funny really.
And this is one of the many reasons why I don't have Facebook...
Because they probably hate them a little, in secret. Or not.

They're just patting them on the back so when they upload their own pictures, they get a nice like pat on the back.
Reply 18
so beautiful xoxo!

cute! xx

luv uuu! <3

Because really liking or loving someone makes them beautiful in your eyes (I'm not spouting ****, like that is scientifically true) so if your friends tell you that and they're proper friends then they mean it.

Also because friendship is built on mutual support and telling someone they look great is a nice boost.

I don't see the issue with it, it's better than some of the vitriol on TSR
I never understood when a girl would take a pic in the mirror so the flash would reflect off and all you would see is light in the pic and maybe a tiny outline of their face and people would still write "omg you look so gorgeous here!" Or "stunning bbz! xxx". Not unless they are actually talking to the flash of course :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest