The Student Room Group
Robotics at Plymouth University
University of Plymouth
Plymouth
Visit website

Plymouth Optometry 2015

Hey people, my name is asim. Im from Manchester and have a conditionql offer from plymouth for optometry. Would like to know amy other people who are going to do optom at plymouth. Also if you are already doing optom qt plymouth how is it? Hows the accommodation and how are u coping financiallly? I kno its a lot but am curious

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by AsimAK14
Hey people, my name is asim. Im from Manchester and have a conditionql offer from plymouth for optometry. Would like to know amy other people who are going to do optom at plymouth. Also if you are already doing optom qt plymouth how is it? Hows the accommodation and how are u coping financiallly? I kno its a lot but am curious

Hi! I'm from Newcastle and have also got a conditonal from Plymouth, I'Allah will be starting there in Sep. X
Robotics at Plymouth University
University of Plymouth
Plymouth
Visit website
Reply 2
Thats good are you pakistani? Have you found any accommodation there yet?
Reply 3
And whats your name bro you got facebook or anything we could chat on?
Reply 4
I'v pm'd you!x
hey guys! im looking to firm plymouth too
Reply 6
Hey I ve sent you a pm
Reply 7
hi guys, i got a conditional from plymouth uni for optometry aswell. looking to start on 25th september however i dont know when the accommodation portal thing is opening.

by the way is anyone here from leicester?
Reply 8
Does uni start on 21st or the 25th september and the accommodation portal opens in april I think. Naah everyone is from Manchester, Newcastle, london and Leicester (I think u)
Reply 9
its starts on the 25th bro thats what it says on my letter, and yeah im the one from leicester
Reply 10
Original post by sijz09
its starts on the 25th bro thats what it says on my letter, and yeah im the one from leicester

Hey yeah I insured plymouth yday glasgow is first choice x

What are you predicted for you alevels?? Is optometry hard? i'm doing applied science l3 and only got C's at gcse.....
Reply 12
Yeh optometry is quite hard but so what inni haha. And I dont do a levels im doin a btec I m predicted D*D*D*. make sure you show tht u hav a lot of work exp, hav DDD and hav a really good personal statement. Its getting nore and more competitive I think.
Yeh optometry is quite hard but so what inni haha. And I dont do a levels im doin a btec I m predicted D*D*D*. make sure you show tht u hav a lot of work exp, hav DDD and hav a really good personal statement. Its getting nore and more competitive I think.

Ooo check ya out XD ... Inshallah i'll do good. Btw what grades did you get at GCSE?

I just don't want to go for something i'm not capable off :/ and this will sound daft but i can't see my self going far away on my own LOOOOOOL
Reply 14
GCSE'S I got 2A's n abt 8/9/10 B's sumat like tht. And I feel the same but ur workin gard today for tomorrow so im not tht bothered.
GCSE'S I got 2A's n abt 8/9/10 B's sumat like tht. And I feel the same but ur workin gard today for tomorrow so im not tht bothered.

Check you out!!! Clever boy :smile::smile: Surprised how u didn't do Alevels even though you got outstanding GCSE results! i'd be soo proud if i got that hmmm aha :P...... Anyways Good luck for Optometry! wait...
Hiya :smile: I'm a first year student here, i've been here a year and i'm gonna do exams soon. So far so good, I live in Gilwell and its the cheapest, but it's great fun, clean and close to the uni, plus unlike Robbins there arnt many stairs, and you get 1 key for everything!. Also the course is taught well through lectures and practicals, with some seminars. The teachers teach well but obviously some are more preferred depending on which methods of teaching you. Financially, student finance didn't go too smoothly for me because i was missing a few letters, so make sure you bring all your papers and ID!!! And make sure you get your DBS certificate too, it's very important. If your moving from up north, don't worry, i'm from London and in my class there are people from everywhere (up North, Wales, Caribbean!), many asians too so yay (Asim) ! LOL
Hope to see you lot next year anyway, i'll be happy to help with anything, last year i was confused as hell :P
Reply 17
Haha you sound happy too happy. But from what I've heard from other people they 're really enjoying uni life at Plymouth too. It's just the actual uni work they hate lol. Hopefully I 'll see you, what's your name? I wanted to ask as well how do you handle lectures? Do you take loads of notes or like record it or sumat lol :smile:
Haha you sound happy too happy. But from what I've heard from other people they 're really enjoying uni life at Plymouth too. It's just the actual uni work they hate lol. Hopefully I 'll see you, what's your name? I wanted to ask as well how do you handle lectures? Do you take loads of notes or like record it or sumat lol :smile:

Asim, do you revise what you've learnt?
Reply 19
What you mean the BTEC? if you Mean the btec, no I dont

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending