The Student Room Group

Women - Biggest turn offs in the opposite sex?

Seeing as there is already a thread asking men what they don't like in women, I thought I'd make one for us.

Here are some of mine:
1) Arrogance - So many guys seem to think ever so highly of themselves these days, when they aren't anywhere near as great as they think.

2) Banter - Don't get me wrong, I love a guy with a great sense of humour but my idea of funny isn't what modern day banter seems to be. If we're talking actual banter then I don't mind it but most 'Lads' these days just use the word banter to get away with bullying people (mainly girls)

3) Hypocrites - If you don't or haven't had your fair share of one night stands, then to state you don't like promiscuous women is fine but when you're a guy that has done your best to sleep with a different girl every weekend since the age of 13, then go on about how 'slutty girls' make you feel sick and how no guy is ever going to love them, even though they haven't shagged anywhere near as many people as you have, then it really winds me up! You guys apparently want a 'good' girl with self-respect yet you seem to ignore those very women for years because you all want to be free to shag as many women as possible and then expect one of those 'good' women with self-respect to just fall into your lap in your mid twenties.

4) Guys that contradict themselves - They will tell you that they hate high maintenance girls/women, that they hate them being materialistic, shallow, girls that take too long to get ready, have too many pairs of shoes etc. then in the next paragraph will go on to list all the physical ideals they require in a woman, and end up totally contradicting what they originally said. Honesty is important to me and when you see guys coming outwith this kind of crap then he immediately becomes untrustworthy, he can't even be honest with himself about what he likes, let alone be honest with you.

5) Guys that are TOO gym focused - There's a difference (In my opinion) between taking care of yourself and being extremely vain. Also, those that feel the need to have their top off/showing off their muscles in every single selfie, it's just not attractive to me.

6) The Self-Identified Friendzoned Guy - Think's he's a nice guy but these guys normally come across as anything but genuinely nice and can't see how it's their own fault they are single. Also they are normally pretty disrespectful men and will try chat up any woman, regardless of whether she's already single or not.

7) Materialistic/Shallow - It's ok to want a partner to dress nice, we all want a relatively attractive partner that's natural BUT where the clothes came from and how much they cost should not matter. As long as they look great in it and know exactly what suits them, then what's the problem? To be a clothes snob is a great turn off to me.

8) If your scent is overpowering. You only need a squirt of the stuff, you don't need to put the whole bottle on.

9) Guys that ask for 'pics'

10) Heavy Drinkers

11) Just being generally mean spirited or selfish.

I can't really say what I don't like appearance wise, as i don't really have a preconceived ideal. I just end up either being physically attracted or I don't.
Well I'm not straight, however if I were most of the same things would apply:

-Arrogance; or more specifically, people who think they are better than those who are 'poorer'. Seriously, get lost.

-General meanness; there's nothing worse than people who don't think before they speak and put others down.

-anyone homophobic(and yes this is still a thing even between lgbtq members)/racist/sexist; ain't nobody got time for dat.

There my three big ones. Basically, anything that upsets anyone else is a turn off. I like to see how people treat their friends/family/strangers before I have anything to do with them in terms of a relationship.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending