The Student Room Group

Summer accommodation in Canary Wharf

I'm doing an internship in Canary Wharf from end june-end august. Didn't get a relocation bonus and have to continue paying rent in oxford (no subletting permissible) over the summer so its going to be tight..short of commuting from Oxford which sounds grim. A friend is renting a room in north london on the Jubilee line for just under £800 a month bills incl. so I'm considering that, but if anyone has suggestions for accommodation to be found for the summer closer to work please let me know! When are where should I start looking? Priorities are price, location, safety and cleanliness. I looked at queen mary student accommodation but its over £30 a night and no actual kitchen.
If you know of any short-lets companies or are renting out a room please let me know.
Reply 1
Isle of dog and Greenwich are probably not in your budget. Try Bow or Stratford. Both of the DLR for easy commute. I think there's some student accommodation near tower gateway also on the DLR.
Maybe check our Canada water or surrey quays. I think there should also be accommodation near Goldsmiths, which is on the Overground or near Lewisham on the DLR.
Wouldn't recommend that if you're in m&a though.
Good suggestions from KLL there, i'd definitely advise you to stick to East/South East London.
Original post by Booker
I'm doing an internship in Canary Wharf from end june-end august. Didn't get a relocation bonus and have to continue paying rent in oxford (no subletting permissible) over the summer so its going to be tight..short of commuting from Oxford which sounds grim. A friend is renting a room in north london on the Jubilee line for just under £800 a month bills incl. so I'm considering that, but if anyone has suggestions for accommodation to be found for the summer closer to work please let me know! When are where should I start looking? Priorities are price, location, safety and cleanliness. I looked at queen mary student accommodation but its over £30 a night and no actual kitchen.
If you know of any short-lets companies or are renting out a room please let me know.

Queen Mary is £29 a night, and you do have access to a communal kitchen. You won't get anything cheaper with it's own kitchen, especially given that £29 includes bills

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by Oschene23
Queen Mary is £29 a night, and you do have access to a communal kitchen. You won't get anything cheaper with it's own kitchen, especially given that £29 includes bills

Posted from TSR Mobile

Can't seem to get it under £32 a night, I guess the lower rate rooms are sold out
Original post by Booker
Can't seem to get it under £32 a night, I guess the lower rate rooms are sold out

The £29 rate is for bookings of over 28 days only, whilst the £32 rate is for bookings from 7 days.
Reply 6
Original post by Oschene23
The £29 rate is for bookings of over 28 days only, whilst the £32 rate is for bookings from 7 days.

Yeah I put in 62 days and still won't give me the lower rate. anyways thanks!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending