The Student Room Group

pewdiepie is probably the worst youtuber of all time

guy is a legit manchild, makes the worst jokes and sits on his ass all day playing video games

and people view this as entertainment?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Illuminati confirmed
Don't really see the fuss with him. Watched a few videos and they weren't really funny but presumably he is aimed at a younger (early teens) market?

But he is the most subscribed Youtuber so he earns a nice amount and his girlfriend..
(edited 9 years ago)
Good for you, you have an opinion.
But why do you think your opinion is so much better than everyone else's?

Some people like him, others don't. I don't get why it's such a big deal to that you got your knickers in enough of a twist to make a thread about it.
Reply 4
Original post by Straighthate
guy is a legit manchild, makes the worst jokes and sits on his ass all day playing video games

Today, you learn a fundamental part of humanity: we're distinct in our tastes. :wink:

(If anyone wonders, I'm not a fan of his but I'm able to fathom the concept of distinct preferences.)
Reply 5
Considering he gives an awful lot of his wealth to charity, hes a decent fellow.
I don't think he's rubbish but I do think he's overrated. No disrespect to gaming channels (I have one myself) but I don't think they should ever be no. 1 tbh. While editing takes a lot of effort, it doesn't takes nearly as much as writing and directing sketches (not to mention those sketches need editing too).
The popular YouTubers are the ones that play games or horror games to be specific. This is primarily due to the fact that they are arguably the most entertaining videos that you can watch on You Tube and they target young people whom make up quite a large proportion of the You Tube population. Markiplier is the most entertaining to me.
Reply 8
You sound jealous lmao. He may not be the best youtuber, but he is the biggest, and for the amount of attention he is getting, he is doing a good job with it. A nice guy who does nice things.
Reply 9
Just out of interest was he one of the first youtubers around doing what he was doing? because imo that helps, means you don't necessarily have to have the best content.
Could say that about most Youtuber bloggers

3edgy5me

His jokes are impromptu so inevitably some of them misfire but their lack in hilarity is more than made up for by his masterful period jokes.
Original post by Raymat
The popular YouTubers are the ones that play games or horror games to be specific. This is primarily due to the fact that they are arguably the most entertaining videos that you can watch on You Tube

Damn straight I can't think of a better way to entertain myself than watch other people entertain themselves. Well, 'cept for watching other people watch other people having fun. Or watching other people watch other people watch other people having fun. Or....
Original post by SophieSmall
Good for you, you have an opinion.
But why do you think your opinion is so much better than everyone else's?

Some people like him, others don't. I don't get why it's such a big deal to that you got your knickers in enough of a twist to make a thread about it.

I'm sorry, but in this instant, Straighthate's opinion is superior.

I can't even remember what pewdiepie's like, but I remember it being (insert more vulgar poo synonym here).
Not a fan of his videos personally but I think he's probably got the life a lot of people dream of as he is getting paid (a LOT) to play video games and has a really attractive girlfriend.

Basically: haters gon' hate.
Original post by XcitingStuart
I'm sorry, but in this instant, Straighthate's opinion is superior.

I can't even remember what pewdiepie's like, but I remember it being (insert more vulgar poo synonym here).

Haha sure okay love. :rolleyes:

Everyone has different preferences when it comes to entertainment, I can't fathom why people get into such a huff about this stuff. Don't like him? Don't watch him. It's as simple as that.
Naah those "Youtube Prankster" channels are way worse
Reply 17
Most of the popular YouTubers are obnoxious, hipster ***** that have followings of little kids that are going to grow to be just as bad.
The best YouTuber imo is nigahiga. His videos are always top quality and amazingly put together. #RHPC #higaholics

He also makes more money than you are ever likely to.

You may not like his style of videos but the fact of the matter is that he has found a style that works, gets huge numbers of viewers, has attracted a ridiculously loyal fanbase, and generates huge amounts of ad revenue for himself.

Quick Reply

Latest