The Student Room Group

It's already March. Is it too late to make new friends?

I'm in Year 1 and I have a group of friends but I don't want to hang out with them anymore. They are not trustworthy and hold me back most of the time :frown:. So is it too late to meet new people and make new friends now :s-smilie:? Because it seems like everyone already has their own friendship groups....
Original post by BaronessHale
I'm in Year 1 and I have a group of friends but I don't want to hang out with them anymore. They are not trustworthy and hold me back most of the time :frown:. So is it too late to meet new people and make new friends now :s-smilie:? Because it seems like everyone already has their own friendship groups....

I think you are too young to be on these forums if you are in Year 1...

It's never too late to make friends, if you want to make new friends then surely there are other people who feel the same. I made most of my Year 11 friends in the last months of school (as in ones I still talked to after school ended).
It's never too late to meet new people! You could join a club or society or just talk to different people in your lectures and seminars. Also, look for people who are sat on their own as they might be shy and not have met anyone yet. Helping people will also help you make new friends :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by CheetahCurtis
I think you are too young to be on these forums if you are in Year 1...

It's never too late to make friends, if you want to make new friends then surely there are other people who feel the same. I made most of my Year 11 friends in the last months of school (as in ones I still talked to after school ended).

Too young? Hmmm I mean the First Year of Uni...
Original post by BaronessHale
Too young? Hmmm I mean the First Year of Uni...

Haha I thought you meant Year 1 as in school which is why I replied with Year 11, silly me, this is in uni section as well :smile:
Reply 5
Anyone in the similar situation? :frown:
Reply 6
Are there any activities or societies you can get involved in?

I'm on the fundraising team at work brilliant way to get to know people, even those who aren't on the team because we interact with everyone. If I struggle at university to meet people it's the first thing I'll look into.

Is there anything like it that you could do? If not then how about off-campus?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending