The Student Room Group
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool

University of Liverpool Official Rep Q&A - Here to help

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ailsab96
Hi there :smile:
I am putting Liverpool as my Conditional Firm for Veterinary Medicine, and I am now trying to decide about accommodation. I was wondering whether the sports clubs I am interested in (Rowing, Badminton or Cycling) are run from the main University campus, and if they are, would this make things difficult if I lived off campus at one of the Student Villages? I know something like Rowing requires a lot of training, and I wasn't sure if the buses to the student villages would run at the right times - say for any early morning training etc.
Thank you in advance!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi,

We're really pleased that you've made us as your firm choice, that's great news!

Most of the sports training does take place on campus, but there's regular training sessions off campus too. There's loads of information on our sports website and you can also contact the sports team directly to get some more specific information about each sport :smile:.

In terms of travelling to campus, we have a bus service that runs between the campus and the student villages every 10 minutes at peak times from 8.10am. There's some more information here.

I hope that helps!

Amy
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool
Original post by usman112
Does the university have anywhere students can park, or buy a permit for the academic year? or is it all "Pay and Display"

Hi,

We do have some parking available on campus but it is very limited. We advise students to use off campus car parks instead - the closest to campus is Mount Pleasant, which is at the bottom of Brownlow Hill. It's £1 per hour or £4 all day.

Hope that helps :smile:

Amy
Reply 22
hi

i am appyling to liverpool university as they have offered me alternative courses after being unsuccessful with my initial application. I am interested in life sciences and I have a few in mind, like biochemistry, medical chemistry with pharmacology, Pharmacology etc. Since it is almost exam time, I dont have any time to spare so I cannot come in for a test or interview or prepare for one. Therefore I would like to know the courses that require interview and the ones that dont. I couldnt find this information on the website. Will you able to help me list out a few life science courses that do not require an interview or a test?

Thank you
Original post by kelly7
hi

i am appyling to liverpool university as they have offered me alternative courses after being unsuccessful with my initial application. I am interested in life sciences and I have a few in mind, like biochemistry, medical chemistry with pharmacology, Pharmacology etc. Since it is almost exam time, I dont have any time to spare so I cannot come in for a test or interview or prepare for one. Therefore I would like to know the courses that require interview and the ones that dont. I couldnt find this information on the website. Will you able to help me list out a few life science courses that do not require an interview or a test?

Thank you

Hi,

Sorry for the delay in replying to you. I've been in touch with both the Life Sciences and Chemistry departments and none of the courses in these departments require and interview - decisions are based purely on your UCAS application and A level predicted/actual grades :smile:.

Good luck!

Amy
Reply 24
Hi there!
ive applied to do psychology and got an offer! I've applied for crown place as my first 2 options for accomdation and then vine court as my 3rd!

what are the chances of being in crown place? As well as this, what is the moving in date for September 2015?
Hi!

I'm an international postgrad student, have accepted my offer, and have applied for accommodation. Do you have any information as to when accommodation offers or other information (e.g. paying tuition deposits, etc.) will be sent out?

Thanks!
Hi!

I've firmly accepted my unconditional offer for Marketing for entry this year, and I applied for accommodation in January, but I still haven't heard back! The accommodation department keep telling me they are delaying the offers but has there been any clarification as to when the offers will be going out? And is there any information on moving in dates etc?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by advent
Hi there!
ive applied to do psychology and got an offer! I've applied for crown place as my first 2 options for accomdation and then vine court as my 3rd!

what are the chances of being in crown place? As well as this, what is the moving in date for September 2015?

Hi,

Congratulations on your offer, that's great news!

Although we can't absolutely guarantee that you will be given your first choice accommodation, we do our very best to ensure that every student gets the accommodation they asked for.

First year students will be able to move into their University accommodation on Saturday 19th and Sunday 20th September 2015 - most choose to move in on the Sunday :smile:

There's lots more information available on our accommodation website.

Hope that helps!

Amy
Reply 28
Original post by University of Liverpool
Hi,

Congratulations on your offer, that's great news!

Although we can't absolutely guarantee that you will be given your first choice accommodation, we do our very best to ensure that every student gets the accommodation they asked for.

First year students will be able to move into their University accommodation on Saturday 19th and Sunday 20th September 2015 - most choose to move in on the Sunday :smile:

There's lots more information available on our accommodation website.

Hope that helps!

Amy

thanks for the reply!! if you are unable to into halls on that weekend, are you able to move in on Monday 21st September?
Thanks!
Original post by izzy_chinchilla
Hi!

I'm an international postgrad student, have accepted my offer, and have applied for accommodation. Do you have any information as to when accommodation offers or other information (e.g. paying tuition deposits, etc.) will be sent out?

Thanks!

Hi,

Congratulations on your offer!

For deposits, you must pay a £150 booking fee to secure your room, but you only do this when you accept your room offer. For questions about your accommodation offer, it's best to contact the team directly as they will be able to help you. You can either email the team or give them a call on +44 (0)151 795 0319 :smile:

Hope that helps!

Amy
Original post by danmcgin
Hi!

I've firmly accepted my unconditional offer for Marketing for entry this year, and I applied for accommodation in January, but I still haven't heard back! The accommodation department keep telling me they are delaying the offers but has there been any clarification as to when the offers will be going out? And is there any information on moving in dates etc?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi,

I'm sorry about the delay with your offer - there's been a few technical issues which have caused a backlog in the system :frown: I've been in touch with the accommodation team and they have said that the offers will be sent out later this month.

In terms of moving in dates, for first year undergraduates it's the weekend immediately before Welcome Week - so this year's dates are Saturday 19th and Sunday 20th September.

Hope that helps!

Amy :smile:
Hi,

Congratulations on your offer!

For deposits, you must pay a £150 booking fee to secure your room, but you only do this when you accept your room offer. For questions about your accommodation offer, it's best to contact the team directly as they will be able to help you. You can either email the team or give them a call on +44 (0)151 795 0319 :smile:

Hope that helps!

Amy

Thanks! Will move-in weekend for me be the same as for first-year undergrads? And when can I expect information about paying a tuition deposit, receiving a CAS, etc.?
Hi,

I'm sorry about the delay with your offer - there's been a few technical issues which have caused a backlog in the system :frown: I've been in touch with the accommodation team and they have said that the offers will be sent out later this month.

In terms of moving in dates, for first year undergraduates it's the weekend immediately before Welcome Week - so this year's dates are Saturday 19th and Sunday 20th September.

Hope that helps!

Amy :smile:

Thanks you! I received an offer today!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Help! Our daughter has missed the deadline for accepting her room offer as she is in Asia on her gap year and didn't receive the email in time. She is devastated that she will/has missed out on her first offer. What can we do for her? She not home til mid June
Original post by Wendyhayeck
Help! Our daughter has missed the deadline for accepting her room offer as she is in Asia on her gap year and didn't receive the email in time. She is devastated that she will/has missed out on her first offer. What can we do for her? She not home til mid June

Hi there,

Try not to worry - our accommodation team will do their very best to help you. It's best to speak to them directly so that they can talk you through your daughter's options - their number is 0151 795 0319 :smile:

Amy
Hi, i am an international student and i want to apply to the university of Liverpool this year but i don't meet the requirements (i miss one of my grades), is there any chance to gain a place for law?
Original post by severine197
Hi, i am an international student and i want to apply to the university of Liverpool this year but i don't meet the requirements (i miss one of my grades), is there any chance to gain a place for law?

Hi,

Sorry for the late reply to this! You're best speaking to the department directly about this - you can call them on +44 (0)151 795 0582 or email [email protected] :smile:

Amy
Do many University of Liverpool students go in the unite student accommodation??
hello, I need BBB to do Criminology with Sociology... Hopefully will the get the grades BUT if this is not the case what is the uni's past record on accepting students who are below the requirements they wanted? for instance if i got BBC?

Also what is this courses record on being available through clearing..is it on every year? or is it quite rare to be a clearing option? If it is an option for clearing, are there still grade requirements but lower than original or do they just accept you? don't really understand the whole 'clearing' thing :/

Any information on these 2 issues would be great, thankyou
Hi i have accepted Liverpool as my conditional firm, for studying Law with criminology, i'm so worried about not getting the grades required, is there a specific way that liverpool let you know on results day if you've got a place or not? Do you also know what grades/ucas points the current students achieved to be given a place on the course? Thanks for your help

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending