Edinburgh college of art application response 2015

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
1st year
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
Reply 61
Original post by bayley202
Just a quick update for 1st year entry design - I called admissions to see where they were on product design BA specifically - so this may not be true for all school of design subjects. They are still reviewing the online portfolios - no replies have been issued yet. They will start making responses towards the end of next week, it is their intention that we should have heard one way or the other by the end of the following week but certainly by the end of the month as laid out in the UCAS details.
And breathe.

Original post by Carnationlilyrose
They always have the best of intentions but don't often make it, so don't fret if they still haven't got back to you by then.

Still waiting for 1st year application. Has anyone else heard anything for 1st year?
Original post by bb193
Still waiting for 1st year application. Has anyone else heard anything for 1st year?

I'm also still waiting for my product design 1st year application.

How about you? Which course are you applying for?
Reply 63
Original post by million_dollar
I'm also still waiting for my product design 1st year application.

How about you? Which course are you applying for?

It's actually my daughter who has applied - she applied for the 5 year Fine Art MA

http://www.ed.ac.uk/studying/undergraduate/degrees?action=programme&section=whatStudy&code=W150&cw_xml=index.php

She does have offers already for Lancaster and Reading. Her favourites are Edinburgh and Newcastle. I wonder why it is always the favourite ones that take the longest?

I suppose there is a bit of comfort that other first year applicants are still waiting - but it'd be nice to know, one way or the other.
Reply 64
Just rang College of Art and have been told that ALL offers/rejections will definitely be out by Tuesday, so it seems we will finally know one way or the other :smile:
Reply 65
Original post by Shazzer
Just rang College of Art and have been told that ALL offers/rejections will definitely be out by Tuesday, so it seems we will finally know one way or the other :smile:

Thanks for being brave enough to do that and kind enough to let us know.

So they are sticking to 'end of March'. I wonder if we believe them and if it will happen? :confused:
Reply 66
Original post by bb193
Thanks for being brave enough to do that and kind enough to let us know.

So they are sticking to 'end of March'. I wonder if we believe them and if it will happen? :confused:

It certainly seems that way, fingers crossed! He seemed sure everyone would know by then. My daughter has applied for 2nd year Illustration and I asked if it was likely she had been rejected as she didn't receive an invitation to the applicant days, I gave him her details and he came back to me basically saying her application was still being reviewed, or something along those lines :eek: I guess it's a 'wait and see' situation :smile:
Original post by Shazzer
It certainly seems that way, fingers crossed! He seemed sure everyone would know by then. My daughter has applied for 2nd year Illustration and I asked if it was likely she had been rejected as she didn't receive an invitation to the applicant days, I gave him her details and he came back to me basically saying her application was still being reviewed, or something along those lines :eek: I guess it's a 'wait and see' situation :smile:

As I said, don't believe the worst until you are told to.:smile:
Reply 68
Original post by Shazzer

So today's the day - I wonder how many of us believe that?
Reply 69
Original post by bb193

Well we didn't but we do now lol! Daughter just received her anticipated rejection for illustration! :biggrin: Sadly they didn't have the decency to give her a reason :rolleyes:
Reply 70
Just got an offer for 1st year product design! Wondering if anyone else had heard back for the course?
Original post by 15tayhey
Just got an offer for 1st year product design! Wondering if anyone else had heard back for the course?

I also applied for 1st year product design but I'm still waiting for them to reply me

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by 15tayhey

Well Done!!!
I got rejected for second year illustration, but was expecting it because I wasn't invited to an applicant day :wink:
Reply 73
Goodluck! its been horrible waiting for so long so hope they get to you soon. have you applied anywhere else?
Reply 74
Original post by lilymayor96
Well Done!!!
I got rejected for second year illustration, but was expecting it because I wasn't invited to an applicant day :wink:

Thank you! sorry to hear that :frown:
I got a reply this afternoon, I got a place in 1st year to do textiles :-)
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 76
Original post by bb193

Well, all credit to Edinburgh, they got their replies out by the end of March.

Sadly, my daughter did not get her offer. It is a shame, as she really liked the course. Fortunately, she does have offers from Lancaster & Reading - but nevertheless 'thanks but no thanks' is a difficult and quite painful message to hear.

Thanks to everyone for their help and support - and good luck to everyone, whatever they do. :smile:
Well, at the end of that, rejected for Animation, but got an offer for Illustration (both first year). Sorry to hear all the folks that didn't quite make it, but Edinburgh's loss is another uni's gain - and hopefully yours, too!

Interesting thing I heard whilst wandering around the uni yesterday - because Edinburgh is so over-subscribed when it comes to applications, if you apply for two or more different courses, you're guaranteed to be rejected for at least one. Anecdotal, but tallies with my experience. Can anyone confirm or deny?
Original post by BadgersCanFly
Well, at the end of that, rejected for Animation, but got an offer for Illustration (both first year). Sorry to hear all the folks that didn't quite make it, but Edinburgh's loss is another uni's gain - and hopefully yours, too!

Interesting thing I heard whilst wandering around the uni yesterday - because Edinburgh is so over-subscribed when it comes to applications, if you apply for two or more different courses, you're guaranteed to be rejected for at least one. Anecdotal, but tallies with my experience. Can anyone confirm or deny?

Certainly not true across the University - I know several people who had/have more than one offer from Edinburgh for example MA and Bmus for Music,
LLB and joint Law and German, Geophysics and Geology and History and history joint with English

It might be true for the College of Art ( although Music is in the College of Art now so maybe not!) It is just one of those rumours that starts because people are rejected . It is more likely that you are rejected from the one that is either more competitive or your personal statement wasn't quite as strong for) In the end it is always going to be difficult to write a personal statement aimed at two different subjects so rejection from one of them might not be that surprising !

Well done on your offer if you go I am sure you will enjoy it :smile:
Original post by watchingyouwatch
Certainly not true across the University - I know several people who had/have more than one offer from Edinburgh for example MA and Bmus for Music,
LLB and joint Law and German, Geophysics and Geology and History and history joint with English

It might be true for the College of Art ( although Music is in the College of Art now so maybe not!) It is just one of those rumours that starts because people are rejected . It is more likely that you are rejected from the one that is either more competitive or your personal statement wasn't quite as strong for) In the end it is always going to be difficult to write a personal statement aimed at two different subjects so rejection from one of them might not be that surprising !

Well done on your offer if you go I am sure you will enjoy it :smile:

Well, fair enough there. Oh, the personal statement was a pain. Worth it though, Edinburgh seem to put quite a lot of stock in them. And hey, one offer will more than do me.

Cheers for all your help, by the way. Only got an account this morning, but I've been lurking in the Edinburgh forum for a few months. You give good advice! :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending