The Student Room Group

Rejecting Firm choice after results

Hi,
I just got all my offers back and had a few questions.
My firm choice will most probably be Sheffield for economics and politics as i got rejected from St. Andrews(i assume due to AAB AS results when they wanted AAA), whilst Sheffield is a great uni its not my dream.
If i get a higher grade than AAB (the grades i need for Sheffield) at A level such as A*AA would it be possible for me to reject Sheffield, take a gap year and reapply to other uni's during the 2016 entry UCAS cycle.

Thanks

P.S. i am aware about adjustment only i'm not sure my other choices do it and the lack of accommodation and bursaries is something i don't want to deal with if at all possible.
Yes, you can ask to be released (that's the technical term) but you should do this ASAP on results day so they can offer the place to someone else.

Adjustment may be an option - there are a few unis that will give you a place in halls, and bursaries are means tested rather than being based on whether or not you came through clearing / adjustment.

However, in previous years St Andrews hasn't participated in adjustment or clearing.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending