The Student Room Group

Statistical analysis

alright so i'm trying to finish this stats report i've got due in this week but i think it's gone wrong and i honestly can't tell where :unsure: so i'm investigating whether birds express a preference for certain types of bird food using some data we collected last semester and so i've done a chi squared test but somehow come out with a value of nearly 150 when the critical value is 9.49/13.28 :confused:

we set up pairs of bird feeders at two sites, one of the pair containing cheap-ish food and one with a higher quality food, and observed the number of visits to each feeder. (ignore the bottom left table i was gonna try and do it by species but then i was like nah so idk why that's still there)

i'm starting to doubt whether i did the test right or if i should have maybe used a different test? our other options are t-test and anova but i've not really used them before, i've mainly just used chi squared and spearman rank, so i can't really tell when they need to be used. the only other reason i can think of is we've got poor data, because tbh we actually didn't manage to collect that much and idk if the sample size is too small to perform a statistical analysis.

any advice about where to go with this mess would be greatly appreciated :hmmmm2:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending