The Student Room Group

People partying and having sex where I live

I live in student halls and there are people outside my door partying. The party is in the kitchen (I share it with 5 others). I can't go in the kitchen to make my dinner because everyone is partying and drinking. They don't like me because I have reported them once before. So they knock on my door as they walk past (taunting and bullying me). Last week I saw two drunk people having sex in the corridor standing up. There is rubbish everywhere and some of my food has gone missing. All the guys are wearing shorts and t shirt even though it is winter (-1 outside according to my thermometer) and the girls are wearing very revealing clothes too. I feel very intimidated being so close to these animals.

What else can I do? Request to move?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Anyone help?
Are you sure you don't live in a club?
Reply 3
Original post by Dirtybit
Are you sure you don't live in a club?

It feels like I do.
Request to move flats, explain to them that it makes you feel uncomfortable xx
Original post by Bruise
It feels like I do.

Anyways to answer the question you sure can. If you call up the student halls people and explain the situation they might let you move. You must sound really disgusted though or they won't do it for you. If you have a friend living in another hall you can tell them to let you move in to that hall because (this is a lie) you are emotionally distressed and need support from friends.
Welcome to student life. Unpleasant as it can be, that's part and parcel of living in halls.

I'd suggest studying in the library, invest in a pair of ear plugs, and if necessary a small padlock on your cupboard. This academic year's almost over now anyway.
Reply 7
Original post by Hparsonage
Request to move flats, explain to them that it makes you feel uncomfortable xx

I did and they said all the rooms are taken.
Original post by Bruise
I did and they said all the rooms are taken.

They must have a waiting list you can go on.
Tell them you're being bullied.
Tell them you're about to have a nervous breakdown.
Cry if you must.
Get your mother to call them (if you really have to and have an ok mother who'll understand).
It's in their interest that you're happy and working well.

And good luck:console:
You sound like that hermit who did Geography on Fresh Meat.
Original post by askew116
and if necessary a small padlock on your cupboard.

Yes. I had to put my fridge food in a small lunchbox, like children use for school, and put a cheap padlock on it. Someone else put laxatives in the food she left lying around, but that seemed to be going a bit far. :colone:
Reply 11
what uni do you go to?
whilst partying is to be accepted (though on weekdays it shouldn't be loud enough to keep you up) and what they are wearing is none of your concern, having sex in the coridor is disgusting behavior.
Original post by Bruise
I live in student halls and there are people outside my door partying. The party is in the kitchen (I share it with 5 others). I can't go in the kitchen to make my dinner because everyone is partying and drinking. They don't like me because I have reported them once before. So they knock on my door as they walk past (taunting and bullying me). Last week I saw two drunk people having sex in the corridor standing up. There is rubbish everywhere and some of my food has gone missing. All the guys are wearing shorts and t shirt even though it is winter (-1 outside according to my thermometer) and the girls are wearing very revealing clothes too. I feel very intimidated being so close to these animals.

What else can I do? Request to move?

Move to other halls this one is clearly not for you
You sound fun at parties... oh wait.
stop being such a killjoy?
How about you just get the beers in and go have some fun? one day it could be you having sex in the corridor OP and you'll be proud of your self.
Reply 16
What university is this? I might have to pop down to stop this chaos.

And by stop I mean join in.
Original post by ParadiseFound

Howard? Yeah they do a bit
Original post by ParadiseFound

Very good, very good. I chuckled. :colondollar:
Request to move to same gender accommodation. That should reduce the number of public sex acts significantly.

Quick Reply

Latest