The Student Room Group

First year results affect my placement options??

Im a first year student doing accounting and finance with a year in industry. I just received my first semester results and they are okay ranging from 73%-52%. I was aware that first year results will be important when I apply to placements in second year but somehow I managed to procrastinate a lot and didn't do much work as required. Now Im scared that I won't get the placement I want in one of the big 4 firms. I still have my 2nd semester to go but its definitely harder than 1st semester. Any advice on what I can do?
Thanks
You really need hard work bro. It's better that you use internet for further information and also visit YouTube there you will definitely find video lectures about accounting and finance as well.
What uni is this?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by Linkin Park
You really need hard work bro. It's better that you use internet for further information and also visit YouTube there you will definitely find video lectures about accounting and finance as well.

Thanks! I am going to work hard for this semester.
Reply 4
Original post by coconuthead--
What uni is this?

Posted from TSR Mobile

University of Liverpool
Original post by kuttyz10
Thanks! I am going to work hard for this semester.

PwC and KPMG just ask for a predicted grade I think so just write down 'predicted 2.1/1st' based on what you think you can get.

I think Deloitte actually ask you if you achieved a 2.1 to date at uni so just make sure you are on a 2,1 by the end of this semester. Many people on my course (A+F) do better in second semester than first because they are even more determined and learn from their previous mistakes.

EY ask for a module breakdown. Assuming you don't have too many sub 2.2. marks then it should be fine. Try and ensure every module this semester is a 2.1 or above.

Quick Reply

Latest