The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

Swapping course from Civil to Mechanical Engineering

Unfortunately when applying for Mechanical Engineering I was rejected due to "too many numbers of applicants for places where if there had been more places I would have received an offer". Nevertheless Bristol allowed me to reapply instead for Civil Engineering which I did and since have received an offer.
What I am wondering is whether I would be allowed to swap from Civil to Mechanical Engineering while at Bristol. Would I be able to do this right away if it turns out they have spaces for the course? Or would I have to wait something like a term for that to be possible or even have to wait the whole year?
Because the Civil and Mechanical Engineering courses in the first year at Bristol appear very similar module-wise, If I could only swap course after 1 year, would I even have to repeat the whole year?

If anyone could help give me some advice/information towards this it would be greatly appreciated. At the moment I am stuck between doing this at Bristol or going to Nottingham to study Mechanical Engineering. I had initially been set on wanting to go to Bristol to do Mechanical Engineering and so this is a big dilemma for me :frown:
-Dan
Reply 1
I've received an offer of civil engineering(msc). Personally I think ce is more practical.
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
A word of warning.
Dont EVER pick a course as your Firm in the hope you can swap to something else once you get there. What if a swap isnt possible at all - you'll be stuck studying a course you never wanted.

If you really dont want to do CE then turn it away and reapply for Mech next year.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending