Accommodation advise at lincoln

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
It's alright it's [email protected]
Students in halls, University of Lincoln
University of Lincoln
Lincoln
Visit website
I'm a first year currently living in Brayford Quays, I've never had any problems and I've rebooked to stay here again next year! Location is amazing, you're right along the waterfront but kind of tucked away so it's really quiet, I study Law which is in the David Chiddick building so I can walk to lectures in 10 minutes, depending of whether the train line decides to stop me for 5 minutes! The rooms are the most spacious out of all the accommodations, and the ensuites are lovely, unlike courts which have a tiny wet room, I love having a separate shower! I would say the only downside to Brayford is the annoying fact that you don't get a double bed, despite there being ample space but I got over that when i realised that you get the most space, for less money than most the others ask.. yeah the train line between you and uni is annoying, but the daily walk along the waterfront makes up for it!

With regards to the blocks, technically they are labelled A,B,C etc.. and thats how they will be when you get your tenancy agreement through, but they don't correspond to anything, all you need to take notice of when finding future flatmates etc is what flat number you are in, e.g. flat 10!

I have friends in both pavs and the junxion, the rooms are identical but soon cramped! They have little storage space, the walls in junxion are like paper, you can literally hear every movement from the kitchen even if you're in the furthest room away and pavs looks like a prison and isn't really that close to town, although is just round the corner from maccies!

If anyone has any questions you're more than welcome to ask me, about anything uni/accommodation related!!
Reply 22
I'm stuck on where to apply for accommodation, are there any that people would advise for/against
I like the look of Hayes wharf it's just pretty expensive
I live in pavs now and it's nice but very over priced! There's no chance I would stay there for another yeqr but for first year it's good cause you meet so many peopl cause pavillions is so big. It only takes 10 mins to get into town and is right next to JBL abd sport building
Reply 24
Hi there,

How long does it take an application to go through regarding accomodation? Just coming up to a week since I sent it off, and wondered how long I'd be waiting for it to be processed.
Unconditional offer you have to wait until results day depending whether you get the results you need or not.
Conditional offer you'll get a email soon I presume.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Is it it not the other way round?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yes it is hahaha. Sorry.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 28
Sure, but I'm sure lots of people have received letters from accommodation organisations stating what sort of rooms they'd like, and what flat they are moving into. Is it right to assume then that it is only unconditional offer holders who have received this?
You probably might be best checking with accommodation office. Not usual for anyone to have offers till August

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest