The Student Room Group

Is it unfair that tall people are tall?

It is isn't it. You can lose weight, you can get muscular, you can get facially altering plastic surgery...but you can't get taller. :frown: WTF

The other day this girl was like "short boys LOL whats the point"

WHATS THE POINT?!?! :angry:
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Being tall isn't anything special
Original post by Black Cat
Being tall isn't anything special

All the most attractive guys are 6ft or more.

Once you're 5ft 9in or less, you're already off to a bad start.
Original post by SquareBrackets
All the most attractive guys are 6ft or more.

Once you're 5ft 9in or less, you're already off to a bad start.

You're wrong taller men aren't that much better off than their shorter counterparts believe me. If you look at famous hollywood actors many are of average height. Also a good friend of mine at uni is 5"5 and is really popular and sociable.
I'm a lass who's 5'9 and I used to say I will only date a guy who is 6'. My boyfriend is 5'8.
Being a tall girl I liked the idea of being with a taller guy, but I adore my boyfriends personality and looks and everything about it!
If girls turn you away because your shorter then they aren't worth it :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
You're wrong taller men aren't that much better off than their shorter counterparts believe me. If you look at famous hollywood actors many are of average height. Also a good friend of mine at uni is 5"5 and is really popular and sociable.

Hmm how tall are you?
I like being tall :frown:
Hmm how tall are you?

My height doesn't matter but if you really want to know I am 6'3
Lol I'm 6'1" and it hasn't done anything for me... not yet.
Ikr ****ing heightpergamy
My height doesn't matter but if you really want to know I am 6'3

SEE!!! its easy for you to say - i bet you get all the chicks
Original post by Smash Bandicoot

Yeah I think that there should be some kind of penalty. Like, if you're tall, you have to wear ****ty £10 aftershave and call everyone 'gaffa' in clubs...

Just to level out the playing field.
SEE!!! its easy for you to say - i bet you get all the chicks

Height doesn't matter trust me unless you're on the extreme spectrum e.g 5'2 or below or immensely tall like 6'8. I have a friend nearly a foot shorter than me and hes twice the player I am.
Strong height game
Tall people carry body fat really well.
Reply 15
It is a fact that, on average, girls prefer taller guys. They would rather look around a room and spot out a tall guy over a short one.
BUT
Personality outweighs everything. A girl will be far more interested in someone who is charming and funny rather than an underwear model with the personality of a wooden spoon.

The downside is you have to actually get to a point where you can show your personality. Confidence is key. If you believe you're at a disadvantage, it'll show through.
Original post by Smash Bandicoot

:lolwut::K:
Original post by bassbabe
Tall people carry body fat really well.

YES omg THIS really pisses me off.

I work so hard to make sure I stay slim.

My friend who is 6ft 3, eats like a pig and when he takes his clothes off (not in front of me...hmm..how do I know this lol...dunno, I just do) its so obvious that he is quite fat..but he looks just as slim as me, probably more.
Original post by Deci
It is a fact that, on average, girls prefer taller guys. They would rather look around a room and spot out a tall guy over a short one.
BUT
Personality outweighs everything. A girl will be far more interested in someone who is charming and funny rather than an underwear model with the personality of a wooden spoon.

The downside is you have to actually get to a point where you can show your personality. Confidence is key. If you believe you're at a disadvantage, it'll show through.

Yes absolutely. So many girls haven't really got into conversations to a point where I could convince them I was loaded, just because I am on the short side. So unfair.
YES omg THIS really pisses me off.

I work so hard to make sure I stay slim.

My friend who is 6ft 3, eats like a pig and when he takes his clothes off (not in front of me...hmm..how do I know this lol...dunno, I just do) its so obvious that he is quite fat..but he looks just as slim as me, probably more.

Lol:tongue: Sorry I wouldn't understand the struggle, I'm 5ft 9 but would you consider that tall for a girl?

Quick Reply

Latest