The Student Room Group

How to move on from a crush without it being awkward ?

Well ive liked this girl for a while now about 5/6 months and ive realised its not going to work, she's not showing much interest we do however talk as she is a talkative girl, however recently I got her number I text her a bit but she gave minimal responses I think she gave me her number out of being pressured I dont know why but she told people that she didnt want to give it to me but didnt want to seem mean.

So I text her and she gave minimal responses, so now ive got a hint that she's not interested and tbh ive lost interest due to thinking and knowing it probably wont work. Now she's ignoring me around uni, she said 'hi' thats about it, but I can tell she is ignoring me.

Thing is she thinks i'll probably try and flirt with her but im NOT going to like I said ive realised it wont work so im moving on. She's on the same course as me so I will see her around. How can I still talk to her without it being awkward and to sort of make her realise I have moved on as it will be easier for her to.

Im not going to text her anyway and I havent been talking to her as much as I did before, I think in time she will realise.

Any other advice ?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I dont see how its going to be awkward if its just a crush and she doesnt know about the feelings you had towards her? Its only going to be awkward if you make it awkward

Also bruh like she doesnt seem to care that youre not talking to her, just move on
Original post by IMBCFC
Well ive liked this girl for a while now about 5/6 months and ive realised its not going to work, she's not showing much interest we do however talk as she is a talkative girl, however recently I got her number I text her a bit but she gave minimal responses I think she gave me her number out of being pressured I dont know why but she told people that she didnt want to give it to me but didnt want to seem mean.

So I text her and she gave minimal responses, so now ive got a hint that she's not interested and tbh ive lost interest due to thinking and knowing it probably wont work. Now she's ignoring me around uni, she said 'hi' thats about it, but I can tell she is ignoring me.

Thing is she thinks i'll probably try and flirt with her but im NOT going to like I said ive realised it wont work so im moving on. She's on the same course as me so I will see her around. How can I still talk to her without it being awkward and to sort of make her realise I have moved on as it will be easier for her to.

Im not going to text her anyway and I havent been talking to her as much as I did before, I think in time she will realise.

Any other advice ?

Fam. Let me tell you suttin extremely crucial. You are playing a game wid the ting. Just chat to her like a normal amiable human being and keep it moving. If she shows any signals of interest in you, then it's up to you. If it was up to me, man would just be friendly and if anyting happens, you do your ting. Otherwise forget having any deep relationship wid this ting.

Obviously your description of her lacks detail but I am sensing that she thinks she is a peng ting. This means she is a lost cause. She will focus on 'attractive' guys that will mistreat her. Bun her my g. Bare fish in the sea. Salmon, Cod, Tuna, Halibut etc...LMAO. FAMMMMM why do guys get hung up gyal. Tell a lie, I was like that when I was a yout but I realised it is easier if you just do you. The gyal start flocking to you like pigeons to breadcrumbsssss

RAAAAH that was a big bar doh. You best rate man
Reply 3
Original post by saayagain
Fam. Let me tell you suttin extremely crucial. You are playing a game wid the ting. Just chat to her like a normal amiable human being and keep it moving. If she shows any signals of interest in you, then it's up to you. If it was up to me, man would just be friendly and if anyting happens, you do your ting. Otherwise forget having any deep relationship wid this ting.

Obviously your description of her lacks detail but I am sensing that she thinks she is a peng ting. This means she is a lost cause. She will focus on 'attractive' guys that will mistreat her. Bun her my g. Bare fish in the sea. Salmon, Cod, Tuna, Halibut etc...LMAO. FAMMMMM why do guys get hung up gyal. Tell a lie, I was like that when I was a yout but I realised it is easier if you just do you. The gyal start flocking to you like pigeons to breadcrumbsssss

What ?? Im not interested much now anyway I dont want it to be awkward as she talks to my friends too.

And what does 'peng ting' mean ?
Reply 4
Original post by Uw0tm8_
I dont see how its going to be awkward if its just a crush and she doesnt know about the feelings you had towards her? Its only going to be awkward if you make it awkward

Also bruh like she doesnt seem to care that youre not talking to her, just move on

She knows I had feelings for her my friend told her and she saw it for herself too.

first of all can i just apply rating to my man soon to cypher sbtv dont watch that rah he goes in styll wisdom nd dat.

but yhyh snm if its a peng ting u must do what is in ur power to acquire whats under the bonet like blud wu u say no to a new lambo. TWO TWO NAAAAH G. u keep goin 4 dat work on it like u top of the blacklist need for speed most wanted dont watch tht.

but still yh my mans in uni tho still raaasssss like surely u go to a club and pull easy serious like even try asian tings trust theyre evolving nowadays blud try different dishes yh u kno wat i mean mans in uni obvs bare overseas fish like my guy explained, dont need to fish in one spot cuz blud i tell u bare man gonna fishin in dat spot aswell trsut me back in the day runescape YEAR 7 DONT WATCH THT times were HARD man got lvl 40 fish could fish lobsters but lowe it cuz it was bare slow nd dat kmt

but the moral of the story is dont get hung up on no girl yhyh girls love a confident guy just chek other tings im sure she dont care yh like chek my guy out breadcrumbs bruv u remeber tht nd u will get a first in ur degree HAND DOWN like ur playin heads down thumbs up yhyhyhy
Original post by IMBCFC
What ?? Im not interested much now anyway I dont want it to be awkward as she talks to my friends too.

And what does 'peng ting' mean ?

Sorry about my colloquial terminology LMAO

Peng ting means good looking.

Just chat to her like she is anyone and get on with your life. Move on. If she is playing a game, let her play it. Don't play it too.

Peace and love my well spoken brudda
Original post by DeleAlli14
first of all can i just apply rating to my man soon to cypher sbtv dont watch that rah he goes in styll wisdom nd dat.

but yhyh snm if its a peng ting u must do what is in ur power to acquire whats under the bonet like blud wu u say no to a new lambo. TWO TWO NAAAAH G. u keep goin 4 dat work on it like u top of the blacklist need for speed most wanted dont watch tht.

but still yh my mans in uni tho still raaasssss like surely u go to a club and pull easy serious like even try asian tings trust theyre evolving nowadays blud try different dishes yh u kno wat i mean mans in uni obvs bare overseas fish like my guy explained, dont need to fish in one spot cuz blud i tell u bare man gonna fishin in dat spot aswell trsut me back in the day runescape YEAR 7 DONT WATCH THT times were HARD man got lvl 40 fish could fish lobsters but lowe it cuz it was bare slow nd dat kmt

but the moral of the story is dont get hung up on no girl yhyh girls love a confident guy just chek other tings im sure she dont care yh like chek my guy out breadcrumbs bruv u remeber tht nd u will get a first in ur degree HAND DOWN like ur playin heads down thumbs up yhyhyhy

man said ****kkin runescape ya na. Faaaaaam you're on this ting!!!!

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL
Reply 8
Sorry about my colloquial terminology LMAO

Peng ting means good looking.

Just chat to her like she is anyone and get on with your life. Move on. If she is playing a game, let her play it. Don't play it too.

Peace and love my well spoken brudda

I don't think she's playing a game. She just dosent want me to flirt with her I think. I'm happy with moving on I've found someone else anyway. However she talks to my friends and Ignores me so it's a bit awkward.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by IMBCFC
I don't think she's playing a game. She just dosent want me to flirt with her I think. I'm happy with moving on I've found someone else anyway. However she talks to my friends and Ignores me so it's a bit awkward.

Posted from TSR Mobile

keep it cordial. Hi and bye. You know what else to do.
Reply 10

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL this is by far the funniest thing in terms of slang i've read on tsr! :biggrin: +6 rep right there! :rofl:
Yeaaah I agree with you just moving on, you don't have to make an announcement about it.

It seems like rather than actually doing it you're trying to make a point of her knowing that you're moving on. Just leave it alone.

Posted from TSR Mobile

LMAO this literally made my day! I am assuming the advice given was all real and serious but the way it was given was hilarious!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just don't pay any attention to her, girls notice when a guy is not paying attention. She will probably want to know why you are not into her anymore, so she could act like she likes you for a bit but I would assume it would be just to please her ego. On the other hand once she realizes you are over her she might talk to you like she did before.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just avoid her til you get a girlfriend , then introduce your girlfriend to your mates in front of her so she knows youve moved on and then talk to her and she won't feel awkward ! Simple x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by DeleAlli14

Lol, no words to add.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by kumon
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL this is by far the funniest thing in terms of slang i've read on tsr! :biggrin: +6 rep right there! :rofl:

lol glad I could make some people laugh on ere
Original post by ontrack7
LMAO this literally made my day! I am assuming the advice given was all real and serious but the way it was given was hilarious!

Posted from TSR Mobile

loooool That was the exact intention of that post
Original post by ontrack7
Just don't pay any attention to her, girls notice when a guy is not paying attention. She will probably want to know why you are not into her anymore, so she could act like she likes you for a bit but I would assume it would be just to please her ego. On the other hand once she realizes you are over her she might talk to you like she did before.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Why do you think she ignores me though ?

****ing dead :toofunny:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending