The Student Room Group

Do you ever rep posts because you feel sorry for them?

Like say, some complete tosser like me, makes a troll thread and then some poor person comes and posts a big and passionate reply to it...

I always think, oh dear, and rep them...just to balance out the universe.

Scroll to see replies

No I laugh at the person who takes the troll seriously...
New member here, feel free to rep.
Enjoy the reps. :smile:
Reply 4
How do you think I got these gems?
Original post by Arkasia
How do you think I got these gems?

Love it lol repped!
Yes. Always.
I have gotten quite a few reps on my time here at TSR...oh dear :no:
Original post by bittr n swt
No I laugh at the person who takes the troll seriously...

You sound like a :troll:
Original post by perspiracious
You sound like a :troll:

He is. He's like one of the main ones.
Since we're on the subject of trolling...

According to me the absolute perfect troll thread is the one where you leave people genuinely in doubt about whether the poster is serious.

Its easy to be obvious and its equally easy to ask about a real situation or ask a real question.
Awww it's really sweet you give rep out to people who do that. Someone may be trolling, but someone else could read the thread and relate to the actual problem they've addressed. We need more people in this world helping and taking time out for others. :smile:
Reply 12
Original post by SquareBrackets
Like say, some complete tosser like me, makes a troll thread and then some poor person comes and posts a big and passionate reply to it...

I was in the process of writing up a drawn out response just to rep fish, but I'm like **** it. :cool:
ITT:

Rep-fishing

(Gasp, who would ever partake in that?! Not me for sure...)
Since we're on the subject of trolling...

According to me the absolute perfect troll thread is the one where you leave people genuinely in doubt about whether the poster is serious.

Its easy to be obvious and its equally easy to ask about a real situation or ask a real question.

No, the perfect troll thread is when people are completely unaware that the person is trolling. Doubt doesn't cross people's mind. Worse troll thread is when you get no replies.
Original post by Jibola240
No, the perfect troll thread is when people are completely unaware that the person is trolling. Doubt doesn't cross people's mind. Worse troll thread is when you get no replies.

"I tried vanilla coke for the first time today"

No one is aware you're trolling but you didn't really try it...

You see what I mean, people can just make boring, false statements and no one will think they're trolling.

Thats why my definition is so clever. You idea/topic needs to be extreme enough for people to have their doubts, yet still post...

bro be honest, are you actually an ex i banker?
Original post by welcometoib
bro be honest, are you actually an ex i banker?

i worked at an investment bank, not necessarily IBD

im also currently unemployed and have nothing better to do tonight :smile:
What's a rep point? :frown:
i worked at an investment bank, not necessarily IBD

im also currently unemployed and have nothing better to do tonight :smile:

were you front office or operations/finance/whatever else?

Quick Reply

Latest