The Student Room Group
At the Student's Union
University of Wolverhampton
Wolverhampton
Visit website

social Care and Health Studies 2015 Entry

Hey all,

Just wanted to ask who's going to be studying Social Care and Health Studies in October? And what campus you looking to stay on for your accommodation?
Reply 1
Yeah, I have got a alternative offer to do social care and health studies at Wolverhampton but I am still not sure on it because I need more information about course such as will we choose where we would go and do volunteer work or do they choose for us.
At the Student's Union
University of Wolverhampton
Wolverhampton
Visit website
Reply 2
If this course was offered in place of the Nursing degree, do not accept.

Original post by lild
Yeah, I have got a alternative offer to do social care and health studies at Wolverhampton but I am still not sure on it because I need more information about course such as will we choose where we would go and do volunteer work or do they choose for us.
Reply 3
Why not? Is the course really bad.
Reply 4
If your true desire is to become a registered nurse, this course will not enable you to attain that goal. Have you applied elsewhere?

Original post by lild
Why not? Is the course really bad.
Reply 5
You can do a top up though

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm going to be studying this course in October, and for accommodation, I've been offered city campus standard. What about you, which campus are you looking to stay in?
You could always do the course for one year and apply for the nursing again, or do the course for the whole three years, and you might decide to do a postgraduate :smile: Have you had any other offers? :smile:
Reply 8
Hey! Is anyone taking this course like me? Im so nervous lol and is anyone going out for freshers? Ive started but not with anyone from Uni or this course so it would be good if we all met from this course.
Hey I'm doing this course too, and yeah I'm going to freshers with a couple of people, you can come with us if you want :smile: Do you have Facebook?
Reply 10
Original post by xcharlotte95x
Hey I'm doing this course too, and yeah I'm going to freshers with a couple of people, you can come with us if you want :smile: Do you have Facebook?

Hey! No i dont have fb but i have instagram and snapchat! It would be cool to meet people on the same course. All my friends have gone away and all my friends i work with are at college so we should all get together!
Hi I've been offered this course too . But I would really appreciate it if someone doing the course right now would comment and inform me if it's a good course to do . I went to the open day on the 6th-Feb but to be honest the tutors were really confusing and couldn't really give me any new info as to where this course will lead too . A lot of people have been offered this but is there a catch?
(edited 8 years ago)
I have been offered this course as a replacement for paramedic science and as this is my only offer I would like to know is it worth it and would it enable me to get onto a BSc paramedic science course at the end...
Reply 13
i got offered this instead of nursing, i'm taking this as a blessing in disguise as i was doubtful about becoming a nurse. I'm thinking about doing this course and the going on to a MA in social care.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending