The Student Room Group

Conditional offer

I finished my a-levels last year and im currently on a gap year :yes:

However, i have chosen to retake a few modules as a private candidate to improve my grades this year. On ucas, i obviously put my a-levels as pending cos of these retakes. I have chosen to cash in these retake (whatever that means) :yes:

I have just received a conditional offer but i already meet the requirements of this offer as i already have the grades. Shouldnt they give me an unconditional offer instead :hmmm:

This has made me think that if i do bad on my retakes, the retakes will take priority and may lower my grades :eek:

Do your retakes go towards your final grade if you do worse than the first time you sat the modules :hmmm:
Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Reference frame
I finished my a-levels last year and im currently on a gap year :yes:

However, i have chosen to retake a few modules as a private candidate to improve my grades this year. On ucas, i obviously put my a-levels as pending cos of these retakes. I have chosen to cash in these retake (whatever that means) :yes:

I have just received a conditional offer but i already meet the requirements of this offer as i already have the grades. Shouldnt they give me an unconditional offer instead :hmmm:

This has made me think that if i do bad on my retakes, the retakes will take priority and may lower my grades :eek:

Do your retakes go towards your final grade if you do worse than the first time you sat the modules :hmmm:
Posted from TSR Mobile

I think its just your best grades that count in the end so I think you should be fine either way. Why don't you contact them and ask if its a mistake?

Posted from TSR Mobile
What uni is this?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by frances98
I think its just your best grades that count in the end so I think you should be fine either way. Why don't you contact them and ask if its a mistake?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hmm, maybe. Although i dont like making phone calls :eek:
Original post by coconuthead--
What uni is this?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Queen mary uni of london

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Reference frame
Hmm, maybe. Although i dont like making phone calls :eek:

Queen mary uni of london

Posted from TSR Mobile

They might higher your grades expecting better grades as you took more than 2 years for A levels maybe?

Posted from TSR Mobile
When you say you put your A-levels as pending, did you also state your current (pre-retake) A-levels?
Original post by loperdoper
When you say you put your A-levels as pending, did you also state your current (pre-retake) A-levels?

Yep, i did. I entered the complete a levels which i have already achieved at one college, and I have entered my retakes seperately at another college and put them as pending

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by coconuthead--
They might higher your grades expecting better grades as you took more than 2 years for A levels maybe?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nah i doubt it cos i have met the requirements within the 2 years.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I think i might email them tomorrow. Thanks for y'alls inputs :yes:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just phone them up that's easier and quicker than email and explain yourself
What course is it by the way? did you firm qm?
Some universities will give you offers conditional on you sending them your exam certificates to prove your grades. Could this be the case with your offer?
Original post by Dima assburn xD
Yep, i did. I entered the complete a levels which i have already achieved at one college, and I have entered my retakes seperately at another college and put them as pending

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hmm, either it's a mistake or they want you to send proof of grades. Your best bet is to email/phone admissions.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending