The Student Room Group

The infiltration of street slang on Tsr, is it cool?

Is this the new thing in here now? When it's done in a sarcastic way you possibly could get away with it but when it's being used seriously it's beyond cringe.
(edited 9 years ago)
What like Vicky Pollard?:toofunny:

(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 2
Provide examples

Posted from TSR Mobile
Cheers for the info fam
Sick story blud
Reply 5
You do know that referring to something as 'cool' as in okay/acceptable originates from AAVE, and is therefore 'street slang'? Irony.
Reply 6
Original post by Rico Suave
What like Vicky Pollard?:toofunny:

This is one of the reasons I mention it, for me they sound like characters from Little Britain.
Original post by Mancini
Is this the new thing in here now? When it's done in a sarcastic way you possibly could get away with it but when it's being used seriously it's beyond cringe.

Whys is this in the relationship forums?:s-smilie:
Original post by Mancini

Fam. You're referring to me init. I swear you man are jealous because you can't chat like man. You youts need to grow up for real fam. Spend some time in the hood and you'll see wa gwan. Man have to talk like this otherwise they'll get slapped up and taken for a chief. Reaaaaal talk. Obviously man has developed the ability to switch from colloquial english and normal english so I won't be judged by man like you.

See you man yeah. Let me tell you suttin reaaaaal.

If you are too busy focusing on the way someone says **** instead of focusing on what they are saying, you're a chief fam.

When people use it seriously its because that's the type english used around them on a day to day basis and peer pressure causes people to talk like a road yout. Noone wants to be taken for a prick so mandem do their ting init. Talk slang. Wear dark colours. Be aggressive. It's a madness out ere on these roads still. But, man like you are oblivious to this tings. All you have to deal with is an arrogant yout looking down on you. Fam. In my secondary school, if you didn't look and sound tough, you'll get banged up.

TSR should accept all types of english. From scouse to RP. Otherwise, you want a class war fam and I know which side your moist arse will be on.

Oiiiiiiiiiiiiii I said Oiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii what you lookin at you likkle rich boi. We're poor round ere go ome and lock your doors. Don't come round ere anymore coz you could get robbed for reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeal MY MANORS ILL!

Mad ting.
Original post by saayagain
Fam. You're referring to me init. I swear you man are jealous because you can't chat like man. You youts need to grow up for real fam. Spend some time in the hood and you'll see wa gwan. Man have to talk like this otherwise they'll get slapped up and taken for a chief. Reaaaaal talk. Obviously man has developed the ability to switch from colloquial english and normal english so I won't be judged by man like you.

If you are too busy focusing on the way someone says **** instead of focusing on what they are saying, you're a chief fam.

When people use it seriously its because that's the type english used around them on a day to day basis and peer pressure causes people to talk like a road yout. Noone wants to be taken for a prick so mandem do their ting init. Talk slang. Wear dark colours. Be aggressive. It's a madness out ere on these roads still. But, man like you are oblivious to this tings. All you have to deal with is an arrogant yout looking down on you. Fam. In my secondary school, if you didn't look and sound tough, you'll get banged up.

TSR should accept all types of english. From scouse to RP. Otherwise, you want a class war fam and I know which side your moist arse will be on.

Oiiiiiiiiiiiiii I said Oiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii what you lookin at you likkle rich boi. We're poor round ere go ome and lock your doors. Don't come round ere anymore coz you could get robbed for reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeal MY MANORS ILL!

Mad ting.

Cute lil' gangster. :h:
U mad bro? :cool:
Original post by Astronomical
Cute lil' gangster. :h:

LOL Thanks. I think. I was just making a point. I've been replying to posts with colloquial english to see what peoples reactions would be.
LOL Thanks. I think. I was just making a point. I've been replying to posts with colloquial english to see what peoples reactions would be.

Man is movin' on to bigga tings. Peace

Mad ting.

Wah'gwan rude boy. I see mandems rolling around de hood with their bicycles. Come we go mug mans, you zimme brudda? Then we mans go smoke a spliff and hit up Mcd's and order some hench meal dannnknoww.

Spoiler

Original post by Loafing.Charizard
Wah'gwan rude boy. I see mandems rolling around de hood with their bicycles. Come we go mug mans, you zimme brudda? Then we mans go smoke a spliff and hit up Mcd's and order some hench meal dannnknoww.

Spoiler

Fammmm. It's not hard to speak like that for man. Bareeee easy g. Man doesn't bun init. That's dead fam. I don't need weed to liberate my mind. I'm just posted on the block waiting for man to pass by so I can jack them quick ting.

Quick Reply

Latest