The Student Room Group

Completely confused

:confused: I have been offered places in Keele, Staffordshire and Chester... can anyone help me with some information that doesn't just boast about the place?
What course(s) have you applied for?
Education and english
I can only really offer information on Keele as I haven't visited the others. Keele campus is absolutely gorgeous and the staff are very friendly there. There are lots of societies and events on so they make up for the lack of easy access to major cities. I found when I went that there just wasn't really anything around the uni apart from Hanley (even that is just a shopping centre and a few streets of shops). Newcastle-under-Lyme is nice and there's enough to live as a student there (a fair few supermarkets and shops). They say that Manchester and Birmingham are less than an hour by train away but it would end up being a day out as the station is a 30min bus journey from the campus and then you need to get a train (they do go straight there from Stoke-on-Trent station though). You could cope at Keele fine due to the close-knit nature of the place and the SU doing their best to make up for the location (voted 4th for nightlife in the UK I've heard!).
Try and visit them all if you can, as visiting can either make you fall in love or loathe a place. Or be indifferent. I'm sorry I can't offer you any guidance on the course itself and other unis! :s-smilie:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending