The Student Room Group

"I only say I love you to my girlfriend and family."

My close beautiful special friend used to tell me that she loved me but when she got a girlfriend she stopped, I asked her why she didn't tell me that she loved me when I told her that I love her and she told me that she only tells her girlfriend and her family that. Can someone explain that to me? I was of course hurt by that a lot but I won't let her know that.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I think you just gave me a stroke (and not the good kind).
Reply 2
Original post by MylittlePlusle
My close beautiful special friend used to tell me that she loved me but when she got a girlfriend she stopped, I asked her why she didn't tell me that she loved me when I told her that I love her and she told me that she only tells her girlfriend and her family that. Can someone explain that to me? I was of course hurt by that a lot but I won't let her know that.

This is certainly a first ...
Original post by A5ko
I think you just gave me a stroke (and not the good kind).

I don't understand what you mean. (You should joke abut having a stroke, they're serious things)
Original post by Magistl
This is certainly a first ...

What's a first?
Reply 5
I don't understand what you mean. (You should joke abut having a stroke, they're serious things)

I call troll.
Reply 6
What's a first?

Either you've got some obsessively deep feelings for this individual or you're remarkably young. I've never heard of someone being offended by not being told they're loved.
Original post by Magistl
Either you've got some obsessively deep feelings for this individual or you're remarkably young. I've never heard of someone being offended by not being told they're loved.

I'm not obsessed wwith my friend. I love her as a friend, she loves me as a friend too but she stopped telling me that she loved me... I'm 21 and she's 16.
Reply 8
I'm not obsessed wwith my friend. I love her as a friend, she loves me as a friend too but she stopped telling me that she loved me... I'm 21 and she's 16.

Your circumstance suggests otherwise.

If, however: you're sincerely concerned about this then why don't you just ask her?
Original post by Magistl
Your circumstance suggests otherwise.

If, however: you're sincerely concerned about this then why don't you just ask her?

I don't want to ruin our relationship. She means a lot to me.
Yikes
Original post by Malevolent
Yikes

What?
So you can't have love for your friends? A few of my male friends say I love you but it's harmless
Original post by Gott
But do THEY know that? :sexface:

Yes they do
Your "close beautiful special friend"? Okay....
Also love can be a platonic thing, I tell my friends I love them all the time, but the way you're talking about her is as if its more than that? If you do like her as more than a friend then there's nothing you can do now that she has a girlfriend. If it's just platonic then talk to her about why it bothers you. You say you're worried it will ruin your friendship but if something as small as that ruins your friendship then you weren't really friends in the first place
Original post by Gott
... AH... but DO they? :sexface:

Omg yes!
Original post by Gott
But how can you be sure? :sexface:

I just know these things
Reply 17
Not sure what to make of that. Maybe she's not in love with you, perhaps she's using the word "love" with you in a loose sense, ie she doesn't have romantic feelings for you.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Foo.mp3
She does, but she's been dishonest with you :redface:

Spoiler

I don't worry because 99.9% of them are taken and they know I'm not that kinda girl who's carefree,I'm hard work and only certain alpha men can handle my character.

also I love you had many different meanings depending on the type of relationship you have with the said person
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Foo.mp3
That would mean you had 1000 male friends and only 1 of them was single. Somehow methinks the first number a bit high, and the 2nd a bit low :beard:

Can't argue with that :tongue:

True, but it's not the sort of thing straight guys tend to say to anyone except a romantic interest, and real men only to a select few girls they truly do love

Omg If I had 1000 male friends I would die from exhaustion!

True,I genuinely think it's innocent anyway. Who cares cause I ain't interested in them like that.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending