The Student Room Group

Girl serves you in a shop...acceptable to ask her for phone number?

I went into a shop, I was served by a girl who I found incredibly attractive. We spent around fifteen minutes chatting, I thought about asking for her number but then decided against it for fear of coming off as overly forward and ruining the smooth professional rapport we had going on.

So I ask you, boys and girls of TSR, is it considered inappropriate to openly express interest in a girl while she's serving you at her place of work? Looking forward to all your replies, cheers.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Scroll to see replies

Of course you can ask. If you get it is another issue entirely.
Yes, no harm in it.
You can't blame a guy for trying after all. At the end of the day when is there a good time to ask a girl for her number? when she's walking down the street? on her phone? there isn't really gonna be an ideal moment either way, so if the chance is there take it. You might surprise yourself.
Reply 3
I used to work in retail and was asked for my number by a customer who kept asking me to check if certain sizes were in stock to keep the conversation going lol. I think it's OK if the person shows interest. Just make sure their manager is far away from the till when you do because it would be deemed extremely unprofessional to give it to you or entertain your advances.
Girls that attractive probably get it several times a day. I bet it's pretty irritating/awkward as they are just trying to do their jobs.
Reply 5
I wish I took her number. Would it be too weird if I went back to the shop to pretend to ask about something but really just aiming to get her number?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Vondas: Hey, I forgot to get something.
Girl: What?
Vondas: Your number :colone:
Girl: That pick up tho:colondollar:
(edited 9 years ago)
15 minutes talking wasted mate.
Go for it. He who dares, wins.
In a somewhat opposite scenario, when I was working in an off license some years ago, a guy who was working with me was serving a young lady. When he asked for the amount due in payment he then followed it with "oh and your phone number. "

It didn't work. A good try though.
Reply 9
Original post by KingStannis
15 minutes talking wasted mate.

Damn it! Shall I go back to the shop? Or is it too late...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
Original post by Loafing.Charizard
Vondas: Hey, I forgot to get something.
Girl: What?
Vondas: Your number :colone:
Girl: That pick up tho:colondollar:

This would be epic! I wanna be able to look back on this day and say that at least I tried to do something! Seriously, should I actually do this?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
Omg... I'm actually gonna do it, I'm gonna go back to the shop in a bit. Will report back with result.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Vondas
This would be epic! I wanna be able to look back on this day and say that at least I tried to do something! Seriously, should I actually do this?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Do it bro. Let us know :biggrin:
Do it!!
Original post by Vondas
Omg... I'm actually gonna do it, I'm gonna go back to the shop in a bit. Will report back with result.

Posted from TSR Mobile

GO VONDAS! We're all rooting for you here!
Reply 15
I'm gonna blame you guys if this goes bad!! Here we go...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Is it sad that I'm actually quite excited to hear what happens?
No I'm definitely more excited than I probably should be. :smile:
Original post by HandmadeTurnip
Is it sad that I'm actually quite excited to hear what happens?

Nope. Either he comes back a man, or doesn't come back at all. Either way,

VONDAS
VONDAS
VONDAS

:woo:
Reply 19
Walking on my way to the shop right now. ETA ten minutes

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest